Shakespeare Business Centre
245a Coldharbour Lane
Tel: (Helpline) 0845 45 00 355, (Admin) 0207 733 1603
RoadPeace is a charity:
- Supporting people left bereaved or injured by road crashes.
- Campaigning for justice for crash victims.
- Promoting public awareness of the dangers of negligent and reckless driving.
- Working with government and the police to make the roads safer for all users.
They aim to:
- Provide support and advocacy for bereaved and injured road crash victims.
- Gather factual evidence of the scale and impact of road deaths and injuries.
- Encourage people to use roads safely.
- Make the roads more pedestrian, child and cyclist-friendly.
- See that laws to prevent and punish dangerous driving are tightened and enforced.
- Achieve appropriate charges and sentences for drivers who kill or injure through irresponsible driving.
- Advice and support helpline.
- Advocacy service and representation for victims.
- Campaigns to improve legal support for victims.
- Information and advice leaflets.
- Strategies for reducing road danger.
- Participation in victim and road safety initiatives and policy groups.
- Education programmes, in schools and in the workplace.
- Advice for crime prevention, health and other emergency services.
- Public awareness raising.
- Observance of an annual remembrance day in November and of National Road Victim Month in August.
Last updated on 22/11/2013