Tel: 01344 882248
Peach (Parents for the Early Intervention in Autism in Children) aims to encourage, support and inform parents of children with autism in a variety of ways. The website includes a range of comprehensive information including details on the ABA (applied behavioural analysis) programme.
Peach provides information, support to parents and raises awareness by:
- Producing a range of information leaflets.
- Running an advice line which gives advice about ABA programmes, diagnosis and other issues.
- Providing information and guidance on obtaining support from Local Authorities (LAs).
- Providing information for preparing cases for special needs tribunals which establish educational needs.
- Publishing a bi-monthly newsletter Speach, which contains information from members, good practice amongst ABA providers and developments in research.
- Organising a parent to parent helpline so parents can talk to other parents.
- Hosting conferences and organising training.
- Lobbying government at all levels.
- Peach also provides ABA services and tries to raise awareness of autism and ABA.
- Peach clinical staff run workshops for tutors and parents.
- Clinical staff give talks to other professionals to raise awareness and understanding of ABA and autism.
- Peach offers autism training to schools, universities and other professionals.
Last updated on 19/10/2012