You're not signed in

Sign in or register to join the Patient.co.uk Forums for advice and support.

in this discussion +1 following Follow this discussion

Try NEXIUM 40mgs - it worked for me...

Try NEXIUM 40mgs - it worked for me

[i:39c39a3031]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:39c39a3031]

F Report Share
Support this with a vote _ 0

2 Replies

When my HH was diagnosed back in April of this year I went to the doctor as the tablets I'd been prescribed for years didn't work and made me very nauseous. The doctor prescribed me 40mg Nexium and I got along great with them. When I requested a repeat prescription my dosage was halved and pretty ineffective. A different GP said that treatment was done at a higher dose for the 1st month then halved for all other prescriptions thereafter but she upped my dosage to 40mg again as it was evident I was having what she termed as \"breakthrough\" on the 20mg. All was great for a week or 2 but I now find that I'm having bad flare ups on 40mg. Apart from locally increasing Tesco's version of Gaviscon sales I don't know what else to do. Feel at my wits end. I know other people who have little or no symptoms with their HH's and am starting to feel like people are viewing me as a real wimp and complainer (even my OH) but it truly is very uncomfortable and sometimes feels debilitatingly so.

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to Guest

You should go back to your docs and get put back on 40mg, you are the one have to deal with your symptoms day to day. My GP wouldn't put me on Nexium I had to get a gastroenterologist and am now back on 80mg. For me it is helping slightly but I know I will have to have surgery to fix this problem.

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to Guest

k

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

k

Share this

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions