Skip to content

in this discussion +1 following Follow this discussion

Some improvement with pseudocatalase cream

My vitiligo started with a small patch on the back of my hand and gradually got bigger. My doctor identified it as vitiligo and gave me steroid cream which did nothing. I searched the Internet and decided to visit professor Schallreuter in Germany - although all subsequent treatments were at Bradford University in England. I was told that I should benefit from treatment and purchased a narrow band lamp and the pseudocatalase cream. Then, because summer had ended and my hands lost their tan (I'm white) and the vitiligo patches were not so visible - I didn't bother doing the treatment regime. Nest summer more patches had appeared on the back of both hands and a small one on one knee. I started the treatment in earnest and after a few months repigmentation had started on both hands. (I haven't bothered with the knee yet as the patch doesn't get any bigger). I now (May 2009) have the big patches (30x20cm) half filled in but other little patches have started. I hope I'll be able completely get rid of my white patches by following the professor's regime and not be lazy. At first I felt I was so unlucky to get this but in other ways I'm lucky it's still so minor (at present). I do have camouflage cream to cover the patches but I'm worried that it may interfere with the effect of the pseudocatalase cream so I don't use it much - even though the back of the hands is very visible. Still only suffering with hands and one knee at present. Good luck to everyone else with this confidence affecting disease.

Report Share
Support this with a vote 0

0 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

Share this

Forums Terms & Conditions | Help & Frequently Asked Questions