You're not signed in

Sign in or register to join the Patient.co.uk Forums for advice and support.

in this discussion +2 following Follow this discussion

Nephrotic Syndrome patient

Dear Friends, My brother (Age-26) has Nephrotic Syndrome, We did kidney biopsy test on sep-2009 and Report are?

Kidney biopsy shows 11 glomeruli. One glomerulus shows segmental sclerosis involving the apical region with mesangial foam cell change. There is no thickening of basement membrane, proliferative or exudative activity. Tubulo-interstitium and blood vessels are unremarkable. IF is negative for 1gA,1gG,1gM C3 and C1q.

The features are those of fucal an segmental glomerulonephritis (FSGS-tip lesion).

He also has the regular checkup with the doctor since then, before treatment his report were :

URIN ALBUMIN ++++

URIN PROTEIN (24hr) in mg 5610

BLOOD PLATELET COUNT 198000

BLOOD SERUM CHOLESTEROL 683

BLOOD SERUM PROTEIN 4.9

BLOOD SERUM ALBUMIN 2.7

BLOOD SERUM GLOBULIN 2.2

and after Six month treatment he had recovery in medical report (Urin & Blood), Feb-2010 report are :-

URIN ALBUMIN +++

URIN PROTEIN (24hr) in mg 630 mg

BLOOD LEUCOCYTES 14200

BLOOD PLATELET COUNT 178000

BLOOD SERUM CHOLESTEROL 179 mg

BLOOD SERUM PROTEIN 5.6 gm

BLOOD SERUM ALBUMIN 3.4 gm

BLOOD SERUM GLOBULIN 2.2 gm

Which was quite well in terms of protein leakage but next month in March-2010 his report change suddenly :-

URIN ALBUMIN +++

URIN PROTEIN (24hr) in mg 6750 mg

BLOOD LEUCOCYTES 9500

BLOOD PLATELET COUNT 180000

BLOOD SERUM CHOLESTEROL 179 mg

BLOOD SERUM PROTEIN 5.6 gm

BLOOD SERUM ALBUMIN 3.4 gm

BLOOD SERUM GLOBULIN 2.2 gm

Which is very bad in terms of Protein leakage. He is taking following medicine (Dossage sujjested by Doctor):-

1) WYSOLONE 60 mg

2) RANTAC

3) RAMISTAR 10 mg

4) AZTOR 10 mg

5) SHELCAL

6) TELMA 40

If any one has any idea about this treatment then please let me know. If any doctor can reply me on his going treatment then I will be highly obliged for this. Waiting for your reply. :cry:

Chandan Gupta

[color=green:5564ec5b67][size=9:5564ec5b67][i:5564ec5b67][b:5564ec5b67](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, a postal address and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.)[/b:5564ec5b67] [/i:5564ec5b67][/size:5564ec5b67][/color:5564ec5b67]

F Report Share
Support this with a vote _ 0

2 Replies

Hello,

My name is Alexander I have had Nefrotic Syndrome since I was a year old, I am 23 now and I am taking the following medications:

Cellcept 750mg X2 daily (morning and night)

Prednisone 7.5mg X1 daily

Cozaar 75mg X1 daily

I currently live in the US and I have been in remission for about 7 months. I also excersise daily, and I have a very balanced diet which includes low sodium and alot of lean meat such as chicken and fish, lots of vegetables and plain water. If you have any other questions in regards to the medications please feel free to email me to *********

Regards,

Alexander Fis

[i:d9864351f9][b:d9864351f9][size=9:d9864351f9][color=orange:d9864351f9]

(Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.) [/color:d9864351f9][/size:d9864351f9][/b:d9864351f9][/i:d9864351f9]

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to Guest

• chem

Hi Alexandra, i have a question for you, how much of chicken and fish do you eat, i also have nephrotic syndrome. Can you give an example of a menu plz.

Thank you

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to chem

k

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

k

Share this

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions