in this discussion +2 following Follow this discussion

LS: my experience

Hi, I am 33 live in the UK and am happily married with three children.

I started with LS during my 3rd pregnancy in 2008 but wasn't diagnosed until Nov 2009 following a biopsy. It's surprising how very little GP's know about LS! I use dermovate but try to use this only when required as I'm worried about using a steroid in already such a delicate area, I found paladin (available from the US) to be soothing and 100% pure emu oil.

My sex life has suffered dramatically and depression set in. I am often swollen, and suffer with fissures and ulcers...oh and the dreaded itch. My vulva and anus have turned white and experience some tightening and I feel things have changed down there. Things seem worse during my period and if I'm stressed, been pretty bad recently following the loss of my parents. I was told LS is more common in over 60? Wish more research could be done as it's not nice to live with sad Looking for any one who wants to share their experinces or offer advice on anything that soothes symptoms!!!

F Report Share
Support this with a vote _ 0

1 Replies

• Itchy person

Hi there, I am 49 and was diagnosed with LS 2 years ago and due to my age I'm hoping it does not get worse during the menopause! I had been treating it as thrush and when I was prescribed Dermovate it was instant relief. I also use only Dermol lotion to wash with and as a moisturiser - anything else stings. I just use the dermovate when I have to and am going to try the bee product Propolis instead as I've heard that is good and will not cause problems like thinning skin. I've also had problems with tightening and sex - I've learned to know when the best and worst times are for me and luckily my husband is quite patient! I've had bother for the last 6 weeks now with itchy rashes on my arms, legs, back and chest and think it must be Lichen Planus (I think for a lot of people these two conditions go together) but it wasn't as easily relieved so I've changed my diet (stopped alcohol, chocolate, coffee, tomatoes, cut down on bread and tea, eat more fruit, veg, fish and chicken) and I do seem to be a bit better now. It's good to take part in these forum discussions as you can pick up a lot of tips and it's nice to know that you're not alone.

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to Itchy person

k

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

k

Share this

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions