in this discussion +36 following Follow this discussion

Livial I love you!

:D I have been taking Livial for 4 months now and it has really changed my life. At 52, and not having had a period for 18 months, I was suffering terribly with night sweats which woke me on the hour, I was totally sleep deprived and unable to function at work. I was also depressed and had absolutely no interest in sex. I can honestly say that I have not had one hot flush either during the day or night since taking it, my mood is balanced and I can't get enough sex! My weight has stayed exactly the same and my only compaint is that it is a bit expensive. I will certainly keep taking it for as long as I am able, I have done my research extensively and have found no reason to stop.

F Report Share
Support this with a vote _ 2

149 Replies

Next
  • summer88

How great to hear something so positive about Livial. I have just started (7 days) and was offered this product about 6 months ago but was put off by the negative comments. I am now determined to give it a go and hope that my results will be similar. I am also 52 and having a nightmare time with hot flushes and night sweats which disturb your sleep and make functioning a huge challenge. I have been taking Remifemin for 4 years and this helped initially but has not helped hot flushes for the past 12 months.

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to summer88

Thank goodness someone is positive about this drug,I have had a total hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and have started on livial a week after my op,I am still recovering at home and my emotions are everywhere.I am 34 yrs of age and it was discovered that I was suffering from endometriosis and therefore had to stay away from natural hormones such as oestrogen as it encourages the endometriosis to grow on other parts of the body.It is a very worrying thing to read all the negative comments on this site because livial seems to be my only hope.I must take HRT until I am 50, I also take prednisalone for another complaint so not taking hrt isn't an option due to the very high osteoporosis link with the pred, so please if anyone has anymore positive things to say about the drug please post.thanks

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to Guest

I havebeen taking Tibolone for over a year now and feel absolutely wonderful on it - the moods have disappeared and the hot flushes too have left me and I only have praise for this wonderful drug. I have experienced a little weight gain but this certainly outweighs the hot flushes considerably. Its so nice to be \&quot;normal\&quot; again. Thanks Doctor

I am 32 and no longer have ovaries or tubes due to endometrosis.

I am having extremely bad sweats in the day and cannot control these they make me feel ill and I am so tired as they every hour like clock work so I don't sleep.

The doctr has put me on Livial I started this last Friday and nothing is working, how long does it take, anyone got a idea?

Also is this a combined HRT I haven't a clue about this tablet only on its risk levels as Breast and Uterus Cancer

Hi

I have had preventative breast and Ovarian surgery as I am a BRCA2 positive person, so normal HRT was not really an option for me. My gynae put me on Livial as I had terrible sweats at night meaning I could barely get up for work in the mornings.

I have been on it just over a year.

Apart from a bit of facial hair - which I may have got anyway post-menopausally - it has been fantastic - increased libido, no sweats whatsoever, no moods. Hopefully it is also protecting my bones too. These things are probably very individual but I am more than happy on it!

Jane

• Tchouli

:D

I am happy to add to the list of positive experiences with Livial. I have been taking it for 2 years now and find that it relieves all the horrible menopuase symptoms. I tried to reduce my intake to 5 per week rather than 7, but became soooo tense that I resumed the full dose and now feel myself again! I suspect that the only side effect i suffer is some weight gain, but then again I could drink rather less red wine ....

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to Tchouli

Hi Sue - me too, I had my TAH &amp; BSO 4 weeks ago &amp; started Livial 2 weeks ago was very sacred but at 38 to be honest the thought of menopausal symptoms scared me more. I was desperate to try something &amp; although it's early days I do not feel any different to how I felt when I had my ovaries so so far so good. The thought of facuial hair &amp; weight gain make me a bit wary but time will tell.

Hope you're getting on ok.

I am 58 and have been on Livial for about 7 yr. My major problem was [i:5ad73e6feb]desperate[/i:5ad73e6feb] vaginal discomfort which really really blighted my life, in all respects... Had tried ordinary HRT and also oestrogen patches (allergic reaction), neither helped at all. Livial cleared up the vaginal fire and dryness, and also helped with creaky joints and libido. My only problem/fear is that the doctor will at some point say I have been on it long enough! So for me... great stuff!

[quote:98aeb99594=\"dansan \"]Thank goodness someone is positive about this drug,I have had a total hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and have started on livial a week after my op,I am still recovering at home and my emotions are everywhere.I am 34 yrs of age and it was discovered that I was suffering from endometriosis and therefore had to stay away from natural hormones such as oestrogen as it encourages the endometriosis to grow on other parts of the body.It is a very worrying thing to read all the negative comments on this site because livial seems to be my only hope.I must take HRT until I am 50, I also take prednisalone for another complaint so not taking hrt isn't an option due to the very high osteoporosis link with the pred, so please if anyone has anymore positive things to say about the drug please post.thanks[/quote:98aeb99594]

Positive, positive, positive. I am 47 and have gone through menopause. I aslo have just discovered I have osteoporosis. I have been on Livial for one month. I feel fantastic on it, soooo much better. I have spent the last six months feeling and looking old. I now feel young, strong, my skin is better and libido back. I want to stay on it forever. All medications have a downside, but I am happy that for me, Livial is all benefit and hardly any risk.

• neene

hi everyone, i had a total hysterectomy in june 2010 due to endometriosis. i was put on climavil hrt patches after which caused headaches and pains and i was then changed to livial approx a year ago but for the last 2 to 3 months i have started to experience the abdom pains, back pains, leg aches, exhaustion, joint pains and bloating etc that i had before my hysterectomy. its not as bad but its still bad enough to cause problems to my everyday life and routine especially with my 4 year old daughter here. please could anyone recommend any other hrt or treatment for hysterectomy after endometriosis? i am now taking my cocodamol and voltoral tablets for the pain that i was on before my op!! thanks, nina.(aged 26, west sussex)

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to neene

• bront45

Hi from Australia. I started Livial because I had tried many other HRT's plus natural remedies for menapause with none of these helping my diminished libido. My Gynae prescribed it saying that only women who had not had a hysterectomy should take it. My libido returned (better than before), I had renewed energy and clearer head. I did notice increase in facial fuzz which I can cope with. I stumbled on this website when looking for cheaper supplier because it costs $56 here. The negative posts worried me to a point where I was considering coming off it under the guidance of my Gynae. I wonder if the symptoms mentioned were going to occur anyway. I'v been taking it for more than 10 years and she assures me it is quite safe but wonder if I should see what I am like without it.

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to bront45

• Tchouli

Hello all. Well it is now 6 years since I began taking Livial and I am still happy with it. Earlier this year I missed 2 consecutive doses (doh!) and a little later that month had some blood spotting which I mentioned to my GP. Any incidence of post menopausal bleeding is always investigated over here and so I was sent for a scan of my uterus to see whether it was thickening. Am happy to report all was normal and, furthermore, I had a good conversation with the gynae who was quite happy for me to keep taking the tablets! My sisters both have GP's who will not prescribe HRT longer term, even though they have requested it as their short term experience had a very positive effect on mood as well as physical symptoms. Both my sisters are on anti-depressants which the GP seems very happy to prescribe for years. I rather think this is a nonsense!

• amanda178

Well its been way over 10 years since I started Livial and it only took 4 weeks to become a new women and I can still remember the doctor asking how it was going and i said fantastic!! I haven't looked back. My only propblem is I don't know how long I can be on it and how do I go about getting off it if one day i cant aford it ??? (Its getting darn expensive here in Aus)

I stopped cold turkey once and felt cranky and not myself so I went straight back onto it

If anybody has stopped taken livial please let me know what the dose should be .eg one every second day?

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to amanda178

• Tchouli

Hi Amanda. My GP said you could reduce your dosage - take one every other day for example - and see how you go. Be aware that, if you miss several in a row, you may get some slight bleeding (see my earlier post) and this would need to be investigated. Cold turkey is not a good idea. Hope you find a way that makes sense to you! Personally, I intend to stay on it as long as possible.....

• karen427

Have found this site and everyone's comments really helpful, thank you so much for sharing your experiences with Livial. I am 55, have been using Livial for about 18 months, was so relieved it helped to control my nighttime sweats and helped me sleep again. However, I have been experiencing very painful joints and muscles, thought it might be arthritis at first, scans, X-ray and ultra sound found nothing. My GP did some blood tests and got a positive result for Lupus, only low indicator, but am now concerned that this might be a side effect of Livial, does anyone know where I can find any information about this?

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to karen427

• mandy112

I'm having a very difficult time this year with insomnia and depression. I think it is hormone based, but I am now on antideprressants + stuff to help me sleep? Have had some improvement with Estraderm patch but can't keep taking it in isolation without progesterone, due to increased endo cancer risk. However I don't seem to be able to take 'synthetic' progesterone and micronized progesterone is not available mainstream in Australia it seems. It has to be compounded and most GPs I have talked to won't prescribe it as they say there is no evidence that it protects the endometrium. Just wondering if anyone who has been unable to take HRT has had success with livial? I'm 53 but not sure where I am re menopause.

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to mandy112

• bucketroyal

I had an early menopause 4 years ago at age 37 and have been fighting off taking HRT. I've been depressed, moody, stressed, completely lost my sex drive (disturbing as have been very happy with Hubby for 21 years). My bone density scan looked likely early onset osteoporosis. The last two HRT types i tried make me feel vvery sick, so put me off. But after seeing a newly qualified young doctor, she recommended this. I am taking lLivial today for the first time and after 5 hours i already feel better.. (probably in my mind). I basically am thinking I can't feel any worse than I do right now, so I really hope it works. I am nervous about my liver, as I do drink 25 units a week on average, so I realise I must cut back. Can anyone tell me how quickly they felt it working?

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to bucketroyal

• sandrasmac

I have only been on Livial for 4 days. Can anyone tell me how long before I notice a change in night sweats, libido etc.. I read all the previous posts and have the crappy night sweats etc that all of you have experienced.. I feel like I'm not the only one now.. I'm scared to death of taking this as I hate any pills at all but desperately need a good sleep, be happy and get more energy.. I'm hoping this will happen - the sooner the better..

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to sandrasmac

• gillian29986 »sandrasmac

Hi, I am 50 yrs old.  I am 3 years postmenopausal.  I am on Prozac to help with the symptoms.   Due to ovarian cyst on one side and twisted ovary on the other, I had my ovaries and tubes removed last month.  I have been coping with the hot flushes for a few years.  My problem areas are feelings of anxiety, especially during a "heat" episode.  Trouble sleeping, very bad restless legs, no sex drive, dry vagina, fatigue, low mood.   My GP was cautious about prescribing HRT on previous visits.  My consultant at the hospital though, suggested Tibolone (Livial) for me.   I am now on day 2 and REALLY want this to work.   I don't know if it was just the desire for it to work, or whether it did actually help me, but yesterday I seemed to have more energy.  Last night though, my stomach feels like it wants to have a period soon.  I am interested to know what your early experiences on the drug were like.

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to gillian29986

• sandrasmac »gillian29986

gillian29986 if you continue to read the thread on this forum, I have pretty much covered the five months I was on Livial. I was totally happy with it for 2-3 months. The only thing I was told it would help with that didn't was my libido. It never changed and still hasn't. My side effects started after a few months and am now off it. Please read the forum which goes for 6 pages as it will help you for sure. It was great for me.. Good luck..

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to sandrasmac

• gillian29986 »sandrasmac

Hi, sandrasmac,  thank you for replying. Dohhhh, see, I'm doo dally at the moment, never thought to scroll forward. ....... it's the menopause!!!! ha ha.  I have read your posts.  Thank you for sharing.  I'm a week in now.  I went walking at the weekend.  A  good start. 

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to gillian29986

• sandrasmac

I have only been on Livial for 4 days. Can anyone tell me how long before I notice a change in night sweats, libido etc.. I read all the previous posts and have the crappy night sweats etc that all of you have experienced.. I feel like I'm not the only one now.. I'm scared to death of taking this as I hate any pills at all but desperately need a good sleep, be happy and get more energy.. I'm hoping this will happen - the sooner the better..

_ 1 vote F Report Share < reply to sandrasmac

Back to top Next
k

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

k

Already approved

You can't report this, it's aleady been approved by a moderator.

k

Share this

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions

The Patient.co.uk annual survey

Help us make Patient.co.uk better by answering our survey

No, thanksTake part!