in this discussion +11 following Follow this discussion

Exercises and person cured from cervical spondylosis

what are the exercises to avoid in a fitness center for a person cured from cervical spondylosis?

I had a problem of cervical spondylosis which was cured one year ago. I wish to join a fitness centre to improve my physical condition. What are the exercises that I avoid in a fitness center. Shall I work with low weights?

F Report Share
Support this with a vote _ 0

27 Replies

Next
  • chris215a

i read this statement with great surprise :shock: if you had been diagnosed as having cs, and as others have said it is degenerative. you couldnt have had a true diagnosis of cs. there is no cure only the very great chance that it will get worse not better.

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to chris215a

Cured eh!

All I have read, what my GP and consultant have said to me make me very very sceptical about any wonder cure for CS. As others have stated it must of been a completely wrong diagnosis if the condition, you allegedly had, was CS.

As far as I am aware there is no cure, just the hope that you get better days than others and that the condition will deteriorate slowly. For a person who has been cured of this terrible, pain causing, life changing condition you have not said anything about how this was achieved!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm? :o :o :o :o

As open minded as I am we all need evidence?

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to Guest

• Gerry the neck

Calm down everone! I'm sure it's just a typing error. Delete \&quot;cured from\&quot; and insert \&quot;incorrectly diagnosed with\&quot;. But, if the poser (sorry, delete and insert poster) wishes to enlighten us further....we're all ears.

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to Gerry the neck

• Sandy V

[quote:1aa7027320=\"Vinod \"]what are the exercises to avoid in a fitness center for a person cured from cervical spondylosis?

I had a problem of cervical spondylosis which was cured one year ago. I wish to join a fitness centre to improve my physical condition. What are the exercises that I avoid in a fitness center. Shall I work with low weights?[/quote:1aa7027320]

Hi ya, as members below, please can you tell me how you were cured. I was diagnosed with the condition 2 years ago after 6 months of pain and no one knowing what it was. CS is degenerative and my pains are worse and have the condition in lower back and coccyx. So please, if you have been cured, please let us know cos I would love to be cured. I'm on 42 tablets a day and they aren't working. Are you sure you had CS?

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to Sandy V

why does everyone here have to assume the person is making it up, its not like they have announced they can mind read or cure cancer, lighten up, ive just been told by my doctor i have it, my father sufferd with the same for over 15 years until he was operated on by removing a vertebrae from his neck and repairing another by rebuilding it with bone from another part of his body, his pain has gone but the nerve damage still causes numbness in his hand, maybe this is what the person is calling a cure, or maybe im talking shite and like taking painkillers and anti inflammatory drugs, maybe your doctors can answer your questions and someone could advise this person how to work out at the gym without getting hurt. have a nice day

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to Guest

• nothing to worry about

my goodness, Tomato, I think YOU need to lighten up too! :roll:

I would be really interested to have further information from Vinod about how he has been relieved of his CS. Either by surgery etc. But, like him, I'd also be interested to know what exercises I can undertake. I have the ones that I was given by physio, but they're designed to keep my neck mobile, not for keeping fit in general. I can't swim any more as it plays havoc with my neck. I can't go to the gym as it plays havoc with my hands, arms and neck, even on the cycling machines, and I'm starting to struggle walking for any length of time as my legs ache, therefore running is out of the equation too. I'm currently having to take sick leave from work because just sitting at a desk working on a computer wears me out. I'm even spending less and less time on it at home, and reading is uncomfortable because holding a book can be painful. Any hints would be appreciated.

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to nothing to worr...

• Gerry the neck

HI

I think the reason that the original poster got such a bad reaction was because he/she insulted the intelligence and the experiences of many who use this site. C/S is a degenerative condition. It can't be 'cured'. Even surgical intervention doesn't 'cure' the condition. It can delay or ease the symptoms, but unfortunately, the degeneration continues regardless. The poster may have chosen their words unwisely but then having got such an outraged response , it might have been wise to recognise that fact publicly and not simply disappear from view. WE don't mind a bit of optimism here but unaccredited claims of being 'cured' are unacceptable...obviously. It doesn't strike me as strange that the poster never returned to offer details of the 'cure' as many others requested. There needs to be a balance between making over optimistic statements and the known experiences of regular visitors, and anything out of the ordinary does need explaining.

Just ocassionally, outrage is justified.

Gerry

• Gerry the neck

Hi again

You've got me doing a bit of constructive reflection on this one !

Firstly, despite the fact that I'm a compulsive poster, I really do appreciate your comments because they raise the issue of whether we allow a negative mindset to dominate our thoughts, and I think it's good to be challenged on this level. Under normal circumstances, everyone is expected to remain upbeat about difficult situations. We all know that its unproductive to hold on to a negative mindset and how that would affect the general mood of everyone we encounter. A counter reaction is only to be expected. That's the balancing equation......A no-hope depressing attitude deserves a sharp rebuttal. Totally acceptable and it also helps to focus the issue on why that negative mindset becomes dominant in the first place. And why, knowing that it is socially unacceptable, do C/S sufferers seem to allow it to dominate their overview of themselves.

Tricky issues indeed, but issues not to be ignored nonetheless. So, thanks for raising it. Unlike the first poster who was 'miraculously' 'cured', you at least have raised a question which should be commented on sensibly. I, personally, love this stuff and all the underlying denials and webs of intrigue which we use to justify our attitudes. There's no doubt that people with C/S inevitably drift into a negative mindset, despite any attempts to talk it up. As an onlooker, and someone who has had close experience of the C/S condition, you have spotted this problem. And, as a regular poster here, myself, I admit it ! So, where do we go from here ?

The big question is this \&quot; Is it justifiable to portray your situation negatively ?\&quot;. Surely that's bound to put readers off. Even I would say no, its not justifiable, because it contradicts what general society expects....stay upbeat at all costs ! Perhaps the nature of the C/S condition, with all its ever repeating symptoms, for most sufferers, gradually wears down our optimism and we can only communicate satisfactorally with what's left. That sounds more like it to me, but it also says that perhaps a greater effort, to balance the negativity, should be made.

Thats fine, we all (almost all) try to do this. There is one difficult hurdle, however, and that is that we don't want to understate, or 'lighten up', the difficulties we encounter because, behind it all, we are searching for new ways to deal with them on a practical level. We don't want to pretend that everythings 'ok' because that would devalue our desire for improvement. Make sense ?

Obviously, its finding a balance that matters here. Once again I have to say that having the issue raised by an 'outsider' is very welcome and I hope that other posters will join in and have their say. It is important that we don't get stuck in a downward spiral of describing ever increasing symptoms to each other, and endlessly milking the sympathies of our fellow sufferers. There's only so much to go round !

Maybe, you've unsuspectingly opened a big can of worms !

Gerry

_ 1 vote F Report Share < reply to Gerry the neck

• Gerry the neck

Just to add a little to the last posting. I think anyone who has C/S will eventually arrive, after much disillusion and frustration, at a psychological crossroads. A decision must be made to either carry on as a disappointed victim, relying on the generally unproved treatments on offer, or to try and gain some self control over a downwardly spiralling situation and hopefully develop a programme of self management which better suits our mindset. One choice needn't necessarilly exclude the other. They're interchangeable.

I have memories of how hopeless I felt before realising I had a choice in how I tackled my C/S, so I can sympathise with those in a similar position. It was a desperate, vulnerable, situation, and the only way forward seemed to be at the mercy of professional advice, which I wasn't sure I trusted anyway. I couldn't see that I was ignoring, maybe purposefully, one huge element, and that was that I had a choice to decide how to treat myself. Once realised, my attitude towards my C/S changed gradually, and now I feel more like an 'onlooker' than a 'victim'. I still get the symptoms, but it's like I'm studying them from a distance, rather than allowing them to dominate my feelings negatively.

I hope this doesn't all sound too patronising. I'm not going to produce a leaflet saying you can conquer your C/S physcologically. There's no escaping the fact that it's a chronic physical condition with a tendency to create a negative mindset. How we allow these two elements to intermingle is another matter.

Gerry

• jeanette43594 »Gerry the neck

Hi Gerry i have just read your post (bit late i know) but i would just like to let you know that i have never thought of myself as a "victim" i have had this and other "illnesses" for 49yrs (59) now so always been a typical kid.teenager.and adult and still am albiet more aches and pains than i care to think of!!!  but i can see where you are coming from  because there is good and bad advice from all quaters and you have to pick what is best for you.because noone knows your body like you.  

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to jeanette43594

• michael09567 »Guest

First I had cervical spondylosis so bad I couldn't move my hands, my fingers were numb and it was a bit scary.  Using homeopathy, Causticum, Rhust t. lycopodium, sometimes lacheses. or which every remedy matched the sypmtoms at that time helped a lot. It's still there and I still get a little pain the neck, but I hardly notice it anymore.  I also have been doing yoga excerises on a regular bases. Stretches and some resistance exercises to build the strength and muscles in the neck. I also am eating a diet high in anti-oxidants, black rice daily, along with blue berries and so many more great foods.  I'm sixty five years of age and was able to get back to running, but after I got up to four miles a day I started getting pain in my forearms when running which was directly related to the cerivcal spondylosis. I should also say I quit taking the homeopathic remedies and quit doing the yoga exercises maybe a bit too soon, but I so much better I forgot that I had the problem.  I'm now getting a bicycle and will get in my excercise from it. Nothing worked for me until I went to homeopath and than the first two homeopaths really didn't know what they were doing. I found one who was very good. I felt a difference with in twenty four hours of taking the recommended remedy. Still I remained on the various different remedies given to me by the homeopath as the total of my symptoms changed, Each time I felt better and better.  Some times I would got back to the orginal remedy, sometimes a different remedy always given for the exact symptoms I was feeling at the time. The exercises remain the same although sometime I did add extra exercises to the routine. Once again resistance training help the most. I would lock by hands and push again the forehead. Or take one hand and push against the side of by head and resist it. I would say it was a combination of these exercises and the homeopathy that helped the most. However I think the anti-oxidant helped maintain the benifits I got from the the exercises and the homeopathy.

In order

First by itself the homeopathy helped so, so much

Second the resistance training helped

The stretching might have helped as well

The anti-oxidants might also have helped

I think the anti-oxidants help the over all health a great deal, but so did the homeopathy. My blood pressure dropped back to normal, my Cholesterol numbers dropped or at least the LDL dropped the HDL got higher.  All i can say is I'm starting to feel like a young man again in more ways than one.

Hope this helped.

Thanks,

Michael

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to michael09567

• jeanette43594 »Guest

Have you tried your GP in refering you to the gym? if you have been cured would swimming not be better because then you will not be putting strain on your neck?  ask about been refered physio as they said in last post  i second Gerry the neck how were you  cured?? I wish to know as i have had this for 49yrs and still getting worse? if true good luck BUT!!!!! exclaimexclaim SAY NO MORE

• michael09567 »Guest

First I didn't write Excercises and person cured from cervical spondylosis. I'm not sure how this forum got me confused. I'm now getting emails telling me to go see my GP.  Yes my cervical spondylosis as I mentioned did get better using certain stretching and resistance execises along with the use of homeopathy. I mentioned some of the remedies I used in the past.  I already know that you don't do any exercise where weight is put on the head, neck or shoulders. Head stands are strickly taboo. I know because I re-injured by own neck to doing head stands with my grandchildren.  You don't want to do any bench presses with your feet on the floor because you'll put pressure on you shoulders and neck when you arch your back.  Lift you legs and head on off the bench if you insist on doing them. I would actually not do any bench presses and replace them with push-ups.  If you are a big weight lifter you would know which execises you could do or couldn't do, so this is for the guy who wrote Exercises and person cured from cervical spondylosis. Same thing with behind the head shoulder presses. To easy to much to much pressure on the neck and shoulders. Simple rule of thumb. Do not do any exercises which puts pressure on your head and shoulders.

Here's a list of homeopathic remedies that help and can even cure cervical sphondyloses.

Kalmia Latifolia pain and numbness down neck extending to shoulder or Extending from neck to finger tips, or extending down back. This remedy helped me a lot. Also at times Gelsimium, Causticum, Sulfur, Nat. Mur. helped.

Other remedies that I know have helped friends are Rhus. Tox. Parris Quadrifolia (with weariness in neck and shoulders, violent pains on both sides of the neck extending down the arms. Lachnantes is another good remedy that helps sometimes when you have a lot of pain and stiffness between the shoulder blades. Find a good homeopath, which is sometimes hard to find. He can help you. There was a study on Cervical Spondylosis and homeopathy done in India and it showed that a lot of people with the disease did get well using homeopathy. Not everyone, but like a eighty percent rate of either amelioration or complete cure. Not bad. I'm still have some tingling down my left arm with a little pain after doing the head stand. I still have bone spurs in the neck which the head stand probably aggravated. To disolve the bone spurs I'm taking calc. f. and for the pain and tingling down the left arm I'm taking Kalmia. I also was getting a little vertigo but that went away with the first dose of Kalmia. In the study done in India it took about a year to completely amelorate all the symptoms or in many cases cure the cervical spondyloses. It's been working on me so far. I'm just hoping it keeps up. Can't really say I've noticed any difference in the bone spurs yet, but I've only started taking the calf.f. a few days ago. But my god what a difference the KALMIA MADE.  I had gotten to the point where I had no pain taking the Gels and the Causticum.  But when I did the head stands that day I re-injured the neck and had felt pain and tingling down the left arm and pain down the right shoulder. The Cervical spondylosis is on the right side by the way. The Kalmia started helping a lot right after the first does. I might metion that I was also getting chills along with the vertigo.

Hope this helps someone, and hopefully I will no longer be confused with the guy who posted EXERCISES AND PERSON CURED FROM CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS. It wasn't me.

You shold

• jeanette43594 »michael09567

Hi michael could you post on the site where you can buy the things you mentioned? as i would be more than interested to at least try them! i am sad to say i cannot do exercises so my head stand days are over!!! how did you come about finding  out about them ? i would be interested to know?  so hope to read the post very soon rolleyes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• michael09567 »Guest

I would go to Homeopathic eductional center. They do ship.  If your symptoms fit one of the remedies I mentioned in my previous post you could order that remedy from them. If you're not sure which remedy you need. It's very important to get the right remedy that fits your present symptoms. Other wise the remedy will not work. I will post give a list of remedies below that sometime helps with Cervical Spondylosis and back pain. I will also put stars in front of the remedies most often used for the disease. Hopefully this will help. You can google Homeopathic Educational Services. If you are not in the United States there are plenty of sources in England, France and Germany to buy these remedies. Remember only one of the remedies is the right one for you and I'll put stars next to the names of the ones that are the most likely ones you'll need.  Hope this helps. One more thing, bone spurs will always need Calcarea Flourica, take it in a cell salts which can be taken along with which ever homeopathic remedy you need for you cervical spondylosis. 

Indications of medicines

Aconitum nap

Sudden onset of complaints, after exposure to cold dry air. Pains with formication and numbness. Rheumatic inflammation of joints , pains intolerable. Intense bright red swelling of part. Sensitive to contact . worse at night. Sulphur has a strong relation to Aconite. In many of the old chronic cases where Sulphur would be used in strong vigorous constitutions Aconite will be suitable for a sudden attack and Sulphur for the chronic. Paralytic weakness of the arm and hand especially in writing.

Belladonna

It is one of our best remedies both in acute and chronic Rheumatism. Rheumatic stiff-neck caused by cutting the hairs, getting the head wet or sitting with the head exposed to a draft.

Bryoniam *

The pains are aggravated from the slightest motion and are relieved by remaining perfectly quiet. The affected parts are very hot and dark-red or pale-red. The tongue is either uniformly white or more characteristically, dry and white down the centre. The bowels are usually constipated. Hot patient. Thirst for cold drinks.

Calcarea Carb **

Rheumatic affections caused by working in water; rheumatism of the back and shoulders, after the failure of Rhus Tox .Rheumatism of the finger-joints.35 Chilly remedy

Calcarea Phos * It is useful in Rheumatism appearing in any change of weather or on exposure to dampness. 

Causticum ****

It is called for Rheumatism especially, when the joints are stiff and the tendons shortened, drawing the limbs out of shape. Rheumatic pains attack particularly the articulation of the jaw; they are < from cold and are > by warmth. It is also useful in Rheumatism of the right deltoid

Dulcamara

It is useful in Rheumatism, made worse by sudden changes in the weather35.The rheumatic troubles induced by damp cold are aggravated by every cold change and somewhat relieved by moving about. Stiff neck. Rheumatism alternates with diarrhea.

Ferrum met

It is useful in Muscular Rheumatism, when the pains are < at night, and > by moving about slowly. It especially affects the left deltoid muscle.Best adapted to young weakly persons, anaemic and chlorotic, with pseudo-plethora. Worse; while sweating; while sitting still; after cold washing and overheating; midnight aggravation.

Gelsemium ****

It may be useful in Gonorrhoeal Rheumatism. Centers its action upon the nervous system, causing various degrees of motor paralysis. Writer's cramp. Worse; damp weather, fog, before a thunderstorm, emotion, or excitement, bad news, tobacco-smoking, when thinking of his ailments; at 10 am. Better ; bending forward, by profuse urination, open air, continued motion, stimulants .Chill running up and down the back. Thirstless remedy.

Kalmia Latifolia ******* Very important remedy for cervical spondylosis and will fit a lot of cases.

Pains shift rapidly. Neuralgia; pains shoot downwards, with numbness. Deltoid rheumatism especially right. Worse ; leaning forward; looking down; motion, open air. Rheumatism when it affects the chest and is especially useful when it shifts from the joints to the heart, particularly after external applications to the joints, of substances not homoeopathic to the case. The pulse is slow.

Lac Caninum

It is indicated when the pains are <from warmth . The keynote symptom is, erratic pains, alternating sides. Worse ; morning of one day and in the evening of next. Better ; cold, cold drinks.

Lachesis. **

Cannot bear anything tight anywhere. Lachesis sleeps into aggravation ;ailments that come on during sleep. Worse ,left side, in the spring, warm bath, pressure or constriction, hot drinks; Closing eyes. Better ; appearance of discharges, warm applications.

Lycopodium **

It is useful when the urine contains a lithic acid deposit. Associated with this are : The arm feels heavy and weak, but when he tries to use them finds that he can work quite well with them. The right side is usually the seat of the disease.The pains are < from beginning to move and > from continued motion . Hence aggravation in the afternoon from 4 to 8 pm 35

Medorrhinum ***

A powerful and deep-acting medicine , often indicated for chronic ailments due to suppressed gonorrhoea. Chronic rheumatism. Burning of hands and feet.Restless; better, clutching hands.Wants to be fanned all the time.Chills up and down back; coldness of legs, hands, and forearms.Sleeps in knee-chest position.Worse ; when thinking of ailment, from daylight to sunset, heat, inland. Better ; at the seashore, lying on stomach, damp weather.

Nux Vomica ***

It is useful when the Rheumatism involves the larger joints and muscles. The symptoms are almost always < towards morning. Cervico-brachial neuralgia; worse, touch, cold. Must sit up in order to turn in bed. Sitting is painful.

Phosphorus **

It is particularly indicated when endocarditis or myocarditis occurs during the course of acute inflammatory rheumatism or pneumonia. Weakness and trembling, from every exertion.Can lie only on right side. Worse ; touch; physical or mental exertion; twilight; warm food or drink; change of weather, from getting wet in hot weather; evening; lying on left or painful side; during a thunder-storm; ascending stairs. Better ; in dark, lying on right side, cold food; cold; open air;washing with cold water; sleep.

Phosphoric acid  ******* another remedy that will fit a lot of cases of cervical sponylosis..

The common acid "debility" is very marked in this remedy, producing a nervous exhaustion.Boring pain between scapulae. Better ; from keeping warm.Worse ; exertion, from being talked to; loss of vital fluids; sexual excesses; Everything impeding circulation causes aggravation of symptoms.

Phytolacca.

Shooting pain in right shoulder, with stiffness and inability to raise arm. Rheumatism pains; worse in morning. Pains fly like electric shocks, shooting, lancinating, shifting rapidly. Worse ; sensitive to electric changes; Effects of getting wet, when it rains,exposure to damp, cold weather, rest.

Pulsatilla  ****

The tearing pains force the patient to move the affected parts. Erratic pain,now here and now there ,pressure relieves these pains; they are usually < from warmth, in the evening and on beginning to move, and are > by cold and from slow motion. Dry mouth with no thirst.

Rhus Tox  ****

Relief of symptoms by continued motion and aggravation on beginning to move is present there is aggravation during damp weather or from dwelling in damp places. It is especially suitable for Rheumatism after exposure to cold or wet, particularly when one is over-heated or perspiring. Other notable symptoms are: restlessness, all the time. The prominent projection of bones are sore to the touch, as for example the cheek-bones. Rheumatism of the muscles of the back and shoulders.

Silicea  **

It is useful in Chronic Rheumatism. It is one of the remedies on which to depend in treating hereditary rheumatism. The pains are predominantly in the shoulders and in the joints and are < at night and when uncovering35 Great sensitiveness to taking cold. Pain begins at occiput, and spreads over head and settles over eyes. Worse; new moon, in morning, from washing, during menses, uncovering, lying down, damp, lying on, left side, cold. Better; warmth, wrapping up head, summer; in wet or humid weather.

Sulphur ***** certain remedies like Suphur, Lycopodium, Calcaria Carbonica will end up being constitutional remedies and will be needed for a complete cure. Best to consult a homeopath to figure out which remedies these are for you. Below are the indications for Sulphur.

It is indicated both in the acute and chronic rheumatism, particularly the latter, when the inflammatory swellings ascend, i.e., they begin in the feet and extend up the body. The pains are < in bed and at night. Burning in the feet, which the patient uncovers.

Magnesia phos **

Neuralgia every night, well during the day.Acute pains, coming periodically, excruciating, spasmodic, extending to the ends of nerve-fibres. especially right side; crampy, shooting, darting pains, aggravation by touch and after going to bed; also neuralgia of stomach and abdomen.> warmth, pressure.

Natrum mur ***

Ciliary neuralgia from sunrise to sunset, aggravation about noon; darting, shooting orbital neuralgia with flow of saliva or involuntary tears; face ache with constipation, Aggravation mornings, from reading, writing and talking. Amelioration at the seaside.

Terebinthina

Neuralgia brachialis and subscapularis, supraorbitalis; mostly evenings and during the night in bed till morning; Neuralgic headache; motion, difficult, at it starts or increases the pain ; sometimes caused by sudden check of perspiration.

Formica rufa (myrmexine).

An arthritic medicine. Gout and articular rheumatism; pains worse, motion; better, pressure.Right side most affected. Muscles feel strained and torn from their attachment. Rheumatism comes on with suddenness and restlessness.Worse ; cold and cold washing, dampness, before a snowstorm. Better ; warmth, pressure, rubbing; combing hair.

Lachnanthes ******* This is ano ther remedy used a lot in treating cervical spondylosis this remedy will fit a lot of cases as well.

A remedy for torticollis, rheumatic symptoms about neck. Right-sided pain, extending down to jaw; head feels enlarged; worse, least noise. Sensation as if a piece of ice was lying on back between shoulders, followed by chill, with gooseflesh all over.

Paris quadrifolia ******** Another very important remedy in treating Cervical Spondylosis. This remedy will fit a lot of cases.

Sense of weight and weariness in nape of neck and across shoulders. Neuralgia, beginning in left intercostal region, and extending into left arm. Arm becomes stiff, fingers clenched. Fingers often feel numb. Numbness of upper limbs31.

Picricum acidum.

Neurasthenia. Occipital pain; worse, slightest mental exertion. Vertigo and noises in ear. Burning along spine. Cannot get warm. .Worse ; least exertion, especially mental, after sleep, wet weather; A summer or hot weather remedy; patient is worse then. Better ; from cold air, cold water, tight pressure.

Angustura

Sensation of tremulousness in muscles of neck; pain in cervical vertebrae, as if dislocated, when lifting the arm; drawing stiff feeling in the morning in bed and in afternoon, with stitches extending deep into chest, during motion.

Bellis Perennis

This may be taken as a keynote: "effects of cold or iced drinks when heated"; rheumatism from this cause. Near and remote effects of blows, falls, accidents (trauma). "waking up too early in the morning and cannot get to sleep again" is a leading indication for its use.

Cereus Bonplandii

Tenderness on pressure along the spines of all the cervical and upper dorsal vertebrae; pain in cardiac region, with tenderness over left ribs just below the heart.

Pimpinello - (Bibernell).-

Respiratory mucus membrane sensitive to draughts, pain and coldness in occiput and nape. Whole body weak; heavy head and drowsiness; lumbago and stiff neck; pain from nape to shoulder; chilliness.

_ 1 vote F Report Share < reply to michael09567

• kamiyamehta »michael09567

Hi Michael,

Your above comments are really helpful!

I have been suffering from CS for the past 3 yrs... I haven't even crossed 30 yet. I have done around 35 -40 sessions of physio – in the UK and in India. Physio in the UK (thru GP) had no clue of what exercises will help me but I did meet some good private physios in London who were able to help me a bit. I got around 30 – 40% cured by doing few sessions of physio in India who gave me some resistance and stretching exercises which I am still doing at the moment. I feel really good after doing those exercises for some time but the pain comes back very soon. I am generally in pain 24x7 especially in the area of my neck, shoulder, arms, upper and lower back.

I have recently started some specific yoga exercises for my neck and back through a trained yoga teacher based in India (west Bengal). I did couple of skype calls with them. It is helping a bit but has not got any major help out of it – still an early stage at the moment.

Earlier this yr I have also started homeopathic medicines. I don’t think it is helping either.

I am really keen to speak to Dana Ulman whom you have recommended. I might just give it a try. He is quite expensive however as you mentioned it’s well worth every penny.

I have been very positive about my situation. I do know that this is not curable at all but still hope that I will be able to manage my pain very very soon. I will be planning for a family soon so I have to be fit for that. The doctors did say that if I plan for a baby now having pain all the time, there are chances of me requiring bed rest for most of the time during my pregnancy which I really don’t want.

I keep reading blogs, books for neck and back pain, a bit active by walking 3-4 times a week which I am planning to do quite often very soon, trying different therapies, do my exercises regularly and really hoping to feel better very soon!

Thank you very much for sharing this with us – does give me motivation to look forward to get better JJ

_ 0 votes F Report Share < reply to kamiyamehta

• michael09567 »Guest

If you are having pains that are going into the shoulders, upper arm, down the arms, even down to the hands and fingers. Or down the back, or numbness moving in the same direction I would probably try Kalmia Latifolia. Usually with this remedy you find that pains move around alot. They might shoot down the back, then you feel them down the arms or down the shoulders. Also with this remedy you might have pains moving down the leg. Sciatica etc.  This also goes for numbness.  If you would give a better discription of the exact symptoms you are having I might be able to suggest the right remedy. Otherwise I would strongly suggest you do contact a good homeopath. But if I can save you any money I will. So please post your exact symptoms.  Are you having any dreams. Kalmia usually has a lot of vivid dreams. Sometimes people who need it might even dream of murder or shooting somebody. Sometime the dreams are just about crises and saving somebody.  Other symptoms are deltoid rhuematism. Or pains will effect a large part of a limb or several joints and pass through quickly. Or pains that go through the ulnar nerve and pass into the third and fourt finger. Sometimes  a lot of tingling in the left arm and numbness is felt when you have CS.  If these symptoms fit try Kalmia Latifolia if the symptoms are different pleas post exact symptoms. We do you want you to have a lovely baby without going through a lot of discomfort.

Thanks,

Michael

Back to top Next
k

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

k

Already approved

You can't report this, it's aleady been approved by a moderator.

k

Share this

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions

The Patient.co.uk annual survey

Help us make Patient.co.uk better by answering our survey

No, thanksTake part!