Uterine Fibroids

168 members E 157 recent discussions New discussion Join group Also known as Fibroids

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next

Fibriods at 24?

hi there, I am 24 years old and i had a fibriod weighing 500grams in my tummy. I had severe aneamia during the days months before my surgery. MY hb level had gone to 6 at one point in time and had to be admitted for blood transfusion. I had severe bleeding lasting for 3-4 weeks with one week break...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • gb7272

Fibroid confusion!

Hi I am confused, I have deen diagnosed with multiple fibroids and the term used was a gritty uterus. My first proper visit with the gyne guy was a bit of a shambles and I don't know who to talk to. Firstly he was running late and made me feel rushed, he greeted me with 'I have a letter from...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

some reassurance

Hi, I have been bleeding for 8 weeks now and it's getting heavier. I have been seen by a gyny who says my womb is bulky and is referring me for a scan. I have the most awful back ache, and my thighs feel like they are burning. Is this anyone's experience of fibroids? I'm worried sick....

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

heavy bleeding

I'm 37 and trying to concieve (no kids) - I've had really heavy bleeding for my last 2 periods - I had a heavy period for 16 days then a 12 day gap then started bleeding again I thought all was back to normal until I had teriible period pain (which is normal for me) but this was 5 days into the...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • sarahjonnyevie

Fibroids

I have been told I have a fibroid. I have experienced heavy periods for over a year now which led to anaemia. My periods have lasted up to 9 days and been as short as 4. I am now nearlly 22 days late. I am also passing urine more often. Has any one else experienced periods just stopping? I realise fibroids...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • se

uterine fibroids

I have a uterine fibroid at the back of the uterus. It leans on a part of my rectum and therefore ITHINK interferes with my bowel action. The colon rectal surgeon has operated to help a rectal prolapse but doesn't seem concerned that the fibroid is causing the bowel to do a loop around it. This has...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • spam68

mirena coil and norethisterone tabs

the coils has actauly made periods worse. infact they never stop! i am taking norethisterone.sometimes it works for a couple of days but mostly not. the tabs make me really moody aswel as headaches,sickness,tired and kills the sex drive. Has anyone worked out a dose or method that works without feeling...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Supa Su
  • babyjay

my experience

Hi,my name is jay, my experience is notting major,i've been told by my doctor that a fibroid was present above my uterus from a previous ultra sound that i had,before i did the ultra sound,i always had this blotting in my lower abdomen,frequent twinges off and on,never had heavy painful periods,but...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • colleen81

Fibroids Symptoms

Hi, I was wondering if somebody with fibroids could explain the symptoms to me? For the last 3 months i have been urinating more frequently (esp in the evening) have had a long lasting (sometimes constant) dull ache in my thighs, back, hips, abdomen and pubic area and i have also had some stinging/burning...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Tezi

Fertility after zoladex injections

Hi all Exactly a year ago tomorrow i had my fibroid operation. Prior to my operation i was give 6 months zoladex injections..I was mean't to be 3 but because of the nhs waiting list and delays in the operating theatre i was give 6. I had to wait 6 months for my operation. Anyway the operation...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • nm142

Having a Myomectomy this Friday

Hi, I'm having an open surgery myomectomy to remove two v.large fibroids in a couple of days and I was hoping to hear from women who have been through this experience to share what they went through. I've been reading through some of the messages on the site and some of them have thankfully...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • josy

Rushed into hospital, found a Fibroid!

Hi, I had my Mirena coil removed about 3 weeks ago as I was having breakthrough bleeding and the GP wasn't sure if it was the coil. (all blood tests had come back normal). Anyway started a period after not having had anything proper whilst the Mirena was in position. After a couple of days I started...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Tezi

anxiety

Hiya My operation is next Friday and I'm really starting to feel nervous about it. I suffer depression and panic attacks which makes things worse. I'm only having a hysteroscopic myomectomy and yet I keep having morbid thoughts..I keep dreaming that it's going to go wrong and that I won't...

< 32 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Fibroids

Hi I have had a vaginal scan today which revealed i have several fibroids, however, the biggest is only 8mm. So far i have suffered heavy bleeding evey time i wee and have sex. (I am with the same partner!) I have a terrible pain in my lower abdomen on the left side. It cripples me and sends me...

• hellybelly1963

fibriods

i have a fibroid the size of a 24 week pregnancy and when i had a scan last week i found out i also had a cyst on my left ovary. i wondered if its common to have both of these? i have been having heavy periods for two years now but over the last year they are much worse, and my anemia has got worse...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Lady P

zoladex &amp; open myomectomy

I have had 2 fibroids for as long as i can remember but in the last 2 years i noticed my stomach getting bigger and no form of exercise made it flat again; my period also became unbearable where they were already very heavy and painful. Following various scans, dyes and a laperoscopy it was found that...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • rachael b

fibroids? How long a wait for treatment

I was told over three years ago during an ultrasound to locate a missing coil that I had fibroids.Ihad been symptom free until the last ( probably on reflection ) year or so. Unmanageable periods &amp; increasingly frequent urination - .I was coping ok with having to go to the loo every half an...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • SallyA

Degenerative fibroid

Anyone out there got any advice? I have been suffering from severe pain for the last two months from what i now discover is a 'degenerative fibroid' which is apparently when the blood supply is cut off and it calcifies. the pain is so bad i've ended up in A&amp;E on one occasion. Anyone...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • cazza

Myomectomy

I have (5-6) small multi cervical fibroids and one approx 7cm pedunculated, in consulation with a very supportive medical practitioner I have decided to have, well it is my only option now because of the size of one the pedunculated one, a myomectomy. I feel ok about the decision as my periods are getting...

< 5 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • ana ruby

fibroid symptoms

:x ...I have a good size fibroid, and they think.I may have more than the scan showed..My abdomen is huge and the doctor said my uteurs is pretty large.He felt it through my behind...He said it may be to even more fibroids..My pelvis hurts really bad, and it goes all the way up to my side..I can't...

• suskhatru

It's not just my age after all!

Hi, my fellow fibroiders . I ahve been very interested to read yoru experiences and thought I would share mine to date. I have had so many unpleasant symptoms which culminated some six weeks ago in having to be admitted to hospital as I could not pee! I had gone from peeing all the time to my...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Tezi

No period after a mymectonmy

Hi all, I had a hysterescopic myomectomy 3 months ago and I had episodes of bleeding afterwards..both felt like a period..first one was 2 weeks after operation and the other 3 weeks later..however I havent come on my period since and I'm starting to get really worried and freaked out. I have had...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • zododo

i NOW DON'T FEEL SO ALONE - ITS POSSIBLY FIBROIDS

Thank goodness for this website - I have been having bloatedness, urgent need to wee, pain in legs,and now such heavy periods I am having to change between every 30 mins - 2hours if lucky - I was feeling really depressed and hubby keeps telling me to go on a diet but now on reading some of these posts...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Tezi
  • Tezi

mild cold before surgery

Hi all, Do you think you could still have surgery if you had a mild cold..I'm about to have a hysteroscopic mymectomy this fibroid and been told I will have a general anaestetic. I don't have a cold as yet but I feel like I'm about to have one..my chest feels tight and my voice is a bit...

< 23 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Oldbag
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions