Simvastatin

143 members E 59 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • JANDOR

SIMVASTATIN - NO SIDE EFFECTS

I have been taking simvastatin for over 5 yrs. now after being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I was started on 40mg tabs. then about 2 yrs. ago increased to 60mgs. as my GP said that guidelines for cholesterol levels in diabetics should be lower then previously thought. After reading all these posts...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Siimvastatin

My husband has been taking Simvastatin for 5days since he started taking it he has been very sick,he has chronic stomach ache and is telling me he is feeling really weird???,he will not be taking any more.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Simvastatin

I have been taking simvastin for 4 years having suffered a small stroke,the last year as been awful to say the least if i been to the doctors once i been 40 times, i was sent to the hospital been examined and told you have Diabetic Nueropathy last week i went to the doctor saw someone new and explain...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • milchhill

Statins

I have been taking Atorvastatin(10mgs) for a number of years and with diet, have managed to reduce my Cholestral to 4.5. I have just had a letter from a Nurse practitioner at my Doctors telling me that my prescription is to change to a product called Simavastatin 40mgs. I have been unable to contact...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Weight gain

After being on Simvastatin for 3 months I noticed that I had put on 1/2 stone in weight and my usual methods for keeping my weight down didn't work. I mentioned it to the nurse at my review and she told me it wasn't the statin but just 'middle age spread'! After a year on the drug I...

< 4 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Not any more!

Male. 63 yrs. I have been taking Simvastin for approx three years. I have now stopped . I started to have problems about two years ago, but because the probs were so slight I didn't take much notice and probably put them down to getting older. I started to feel a weakness in my body. Then my joints...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

feet and simvastatn

I have been getting foot problems for ove three years, but am only just begining to link it to ststins since i saw the program, I have benn ti a neopatic doctor at the hospital who sent me for electric shocks to see how bad it was, then just told it was neopathy. since then I1ve been back to the Doctors...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

5 Pills have ruined my life!

I was put on Simvastatin in May this year. After taking only 5 pills my doctor took me off them due to horrendous side effects. Now 5 months later I am still off work and still have all the side effects! They include:- Pain across shoulders and down arms Pain in legs and feet Severe muscle weakness...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

New patient

Well after reading some of the symptoms, maybe I'm not a hopeless ancient hypocondriac after all!!Been on Simv for 6 wks, had muscle pain for 4 days, then stopped. Had cholestorol checked last week , down to normal, but no-one thought to mention that maybe me getting physio for my now agont knee...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

LEGAL ACTION?

We only have to look at the numerous people on this site who have had dreadful experiences with Simvastin. Has anyone considered taking legal action agains the company that produced it? My veins on my legs now stand out so badly they look ugly and they were never like this before I took this dreadful...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • richard worthing-davies

help with simvastatin

smile :?: I started on Simvastatin (20 mg) two months ago. At first everything seemed normal without any side effects. Then I noticed daily feeings of nausea, headaches, stomach pains, occasional dizziness. I came across a USA website that suggested that drinking up to 7 or 8 glasses of water a day...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

depression

I started taking simvastatin just over a month ago at the start I was really sleepy, now my moods have changed I argue with my husband for no particular reason and even wished myself dead at the weekend, I don't know whats happening to me

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply

Trouble walking

I have been on simvastain for 5-6 months. I told my Dr. my legs were really acheing. She said not to take it Tuesays and Thursdays. So I cut back,but now my legs are weak,my gait is off, my balance is terrible. I stumble around like a drunk. My hands have needles and are weak. I work full time and...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

can simvasatin cause this

Hi everyone. I have been taking simvastatin now for about 4 years, first at 20mg daily, then after my heart attack 2 years ago I am now on 40mg daily. About 6 months ago I started getting a sort of stiffness in my right shoulder, I didn't think much of it at first but it has got progressively worse...

Simvastatin

i have been on Simvastatin over 18 months the last 12 months i have felt ill pains in all my body ,sickness ,dizzy ,more headache no energy, and my memory has deterated ,eyes not so good ,thought it was my age i am 60 ,Not sleeping, i do suffer badly with my joints so like many more just put it down...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

what to take for pain

my husbund is in very bad pain muscle top leg and hip,dr has put him on very strong pain killers but nothing helps,hes another victim of statins,he is waiting foe more blood work,thats all he can do is lay down and not moove and hes still in bad pain,im just getting over a hysterectomy ,i had to help...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Weight Gain

I have been on the drug for 13 months and have put on over a stone in weight. In addition by the end of the day I have painfully swollen ankles and find it difficult to walk. Another side effect is stiffening of the knee joints. After reading the postings on this site I have decided to stop using the...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Chesterbird

Simvastatin damage

No-one told me about the serious inflammation and muscle pain that could be caused by Simvastatin - at the time I believed that this must just be a natural detrioration in existing stiffness, lousy circulation and osteo arthritis. After a few months on Simvastatin, I had the luck to see a single paragraph...

knee and foot pain

Reading of 7.2 now down to 5.4 on 40mgs. Been on Simvastatin 18 months - started 12 months ago with sore sole of right foot. Pain appeared to move around a bit though but was able to put up with it. Six months ago pain moved to across top of right foot with lumpy bits. Also left knee got stiff, swollen...

Living Hell!

I started taking Symvastatin 20mg daily in Jan 09. At the same time I was taken off Ibuprofen which I have been taking for a long time for arthritic pain in my knees. Consequently, I thought this was the reason for my pain. I cannot get up from a seat, my inner thights, upper arms hurt so much, my feet,...

• MADAMEX

SIMVASTATIN = 20mg

I was prescribed this drug, although I did not have high cholesterol, it was to be used as a preventative drug, as I am diabetic. I had noticed that my bra was becoming uncomfortable and bought some new ones. Still I had the problem and was going half the day without a bra to get some relief. I must...

simvastatin

I found that Simvastatin quite severly affected my, ability to think clearly and sometimes found simple tasks quite difficult if not impossible. Since stopping Simvastatin my brain function has returned to normal. Doctor has now prescribed Ezetimibe and this so far this seems to be ok

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • gamehen

Side affects or is it just me

After a bout of Kidney stones (passed) and diagnosed with Galls stones (ignored) I felt unwell and have now had a series of tests Gastroscopy and a Barium Enema to find out the reason for my constant weakness ,headachs ,shivers ,flu symptoms ,tinitus ,No results yet except a diagnosis from the Gastro...

Very Worried

Just been prescribed Simvastatin and after reading some of the reviews I have asked my doctor to contact me tomorrow, I was already taking atorvastatin, now he has changed it to Simvastatin because I have been diagnosed diebetes.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

sore throat

I was on lipitor 20mg with no problem. I was sweitched to simvastatin 40 (i think in error) and soom began to experience a constant low level sore throat. I was going out of my mind trying to figure the cause before I realized it may be this drug. Has anyone had this experience? Any info would be great.

severe leg pain

I am in severe pain at the moment. I have been taking statins for about 3 months. For the last week I have had pain in my right calf. Felt like a trapped nerve but now the pain is excruciating. Didn't take a statin last night and won't be taking any more. Will try to get an appointment with my...

< 6 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Newly diagnosed

:shock: Recently been diagnosed with high cholesterol along with my high blood pressure. Was on antenalol and bendrofruzamide but these weren't keeping my bp down so was put on lisinopril. I have had pains in my stomach since i started my new meds wake in the night with a jolt, am tired and feel...

Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions