Pityriasis Versicolor and Lichenoides

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • rikandsheila 1

Pleva sufferer

Hi, I have had Pleva (Fumhd) for about a year and a half now. It first manifested itself when my feet began itching and burning like crazy, to the point where I had to sit with them in a cold bath for 2 nights. I also felt like I was coming down with a head-achy cold. Then came the small blisters and...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M
  • Guest M
  • fitpetite 1

Pityriasis versicolor

Hi all Just thought I should share my little cure for Pityriasis Versicolor, first of all its a skin fungal infection that basically gives your skin a patchy blotchy looking existence, it effects white and Black people. Now i've had this over 20 years i'm now 43 yrs old and tried all the...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • ozlcrx 1

resistant Pityriasis Folliculitis

Hi! I know the sub topic on this post is pityriasis versicolor but there wasnt a sub topic for my condition but i really wanted to post this! Im 13 years old and have had pityriasis folliculitis for about 4 years now. (but i was misdiagnosed wit hacne and pityriasis versicolor) I live in a hot humid...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Yaya 1

I'm not alone!!! Pityriasis versicolor

Wow I'm amazed to see I'm not the only one in the world with this condition! I first noticed (or should I say a friend pointed it out) on holiday in America when I was 14 yrs old, the weather was extremely hot and when I looked at my back I had patchy skin colour whichnlooked like I needed a...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Versicolor

I was petrified when l started seeing white blotches appearing on my face. First it was my chin, then my cheeks, my forehead and upperlip. it spread so quickly that l thought l had virtiligo and then l thought l had used a wrong cosmetic. For nearly 5 months since April this year, l tried everything...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

i may have Pityriasis Lichenoides

hi, last may i started with a itchy red rash on my arm which the doctor said was due to a reaction from a viral infrection even after treatment this got worse so was diagnosed and treated for scabies ( the rest of my household were and still are fine ) by summer my arms and legs were covered and i had...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

PV

I am 20 and have had the condition for 7 years now, I have lived in the UK all my life, with only two weeks a year trips abroad to warmer climates. Sometimes it is worse than others, i have it on the back of my neck, which spread into my hairline, and its extremely itchy here!!! I also have it on...

• lyndamum22 1

pityrasis lichenoides

Hi my son has only jst been diagnosed in the last 3 wks after 8 months of being missdiagnosed by every doctor you could hope to meet. He was 4 and a half when the rash started and at first I was told he had chicken pox and then a viral infection ,it then jumped to oh he has meningitis and all hell broke...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • shmagic 1

Everything I knoiw from experience about PV

My son was 8 when he first go this while on vacation in the Middle East...he is now 30 and has for the first time been given sporax which appears to have helped...this was a bad outbreak. Over the years...I have dealt with occasional outbreaks some bad some not so bad but I don't think it can ever...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Recurrence?

I had PV last year on my back and the white patches have only just faded! I've started to notice a few redish patches on my arms and legs and I'm worried it's coming back as I know it initially starts out as a redish rash and then upon tanning it turns white. Can anyone describe their experiences...

• Guest M

pv

im 23 and have pv and like most people it comes out at its worst in hot or warm humid times of the year. i was prescribed loads of different creams and nothing worked unitll i went to see a consultant dematologist who prescribed me sporonox, after taking the tablets the rash dies away and is not visible...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Use a scrubbing brush in the shower

Something which my mother recommended seems to help slow the spread of pytoriasis. Quite simply, use a hard scrubbing brush to scrub your skin of all its dead skin cells. Its quite uncomfortable at first but your skin gets used to the irritation and actually feels softer afterwards. I imagine the scrubbing...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • sarah1984 1

Pityriasis Versicolor

I have had the skin condition for years now..the same happens everytime I go away the patches are ok but as soon as i return to the UK within 3 days i look patchy and awful!! Any ideas on which sun creams to use?? I have had the antiobiotics and creams and shampoos and use this all the time but its still...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Thank you!

Hi My name is Patrik I'm from sweden I've been having trouble with this for 7years. everytime I go to the doctor they just send me home with a new set up perscriptions for selsun, which do help but the sickness appears almost instantly after you end the treatment. With this page as backup I...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Diflucan 150mg cured it completely

Readers may be interested to note that I became very susceptible to this skin problem when I moved from England to the tropics 9 years ago and regular use of Selsun Blue didnt eradicate it. However what did work was just one Diflucan 150mg tablet..its gone!!! All my shoulders back, arms and upper chest...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Its back!!!

I first got PV in my early 20's after returning from a holiday. I remember going back and forth to my GP every couple of months while they attempted to come up with a diagnosis and a solution. Pills didnt work, nor anti fungel medication. I was getting fed up! I looked like a map of the world all...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

7 yr old with PLEVA

sad My 7 year old son was diagnosed a year ago after being told he had a staph infection from chicken pox - hospital very supportive and he has been well looked after - quite a super star with a rare condition. He is in the middle of a bad flare up after being symptom free for a year. He is on 4 weeks...

• Clare Gayford 1

Pityriasis Lichenoides sufferer

I am 45 and have had this condition for just over three years. It started out of nowhere on my legs and i now have it on my legs, trunk, arms and slightly on my face. The only treatment that has worked is light treatment, but you can only have it once a year and the effects only last for a few weeks,...

• Guest M

hi

I have used just about everything and it wont go away. Even dermatologists Ive visited says nothing! How in the possible world can no one get this things to stop spreading on my skin?

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Living with PV

:lol: hi everyone im 32 in a couple of months and have had PV since my late teens. now believe me when i tell you u I have tried everything to irradicate this infection shampoos, creams, tablets. the best i have found worked for me was sporanox. i have also developed pityrosporum folliculitis (when...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

living with pit versicolor

Ive had the conditon for 6 months or so before i went to the doctor he has given me selsun shampoo which he advised me to put on the affected area (back and both shoulders) once a week for 8 weeks and advised me to leave it on for 4-5 hours !!!!! Ive looked online and it advises 4-5 mins so im gonna...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

help

I have suffered from pityriasis versicolor for 5 nearly 6 years now and its driving me crazy! i have tried creams clotrimazole, nizoral, selsun shampoo and now i am taking itraconazole tablets. I have just finished a weeks course of them and still have patches on me. Treated my skin with selsun which...

< 5 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Pityriasis Lichenoides Had this for 20 years

I was diagnosed with Acuta in 1987. It's now 2008 and i still have the disorder. I have given up on treatment. I was diagnosed at 17 In 20 years the spots are nowhere near as frequent as they were when i was first diagnosed but the ones i do get tend to be more severe (hospital inducing sepsis twice...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

I feel bad

I believe I have had PV before on and off for years, but I didn't know what it was, and it generally appeared on a limited basis when I was very stressed, so I put it down to that and never went to the doctor about it until a fortnight ago. Before then I just had the occasional scaley couple of...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • floss 1

PV

I've had PV for a few years now. I'm 18 and I've been to the doctors a few times about it. I've used Ketopine twice and finished a course of Itraconazole a few weeks back but so far nothing has happened. My doctor said it may take a few months to get rid of as the skin pigment had gone...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Pit Versicolour

my condition started with a sinlge pea sized hairless patch on my head over a period of three to four months I developed several more of various sizes, which left me looking a right state!. I am afro-caribean so the pale patches really stood out against my brown skin (not cool). my doctor prescribed...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

couple shares tri versicolor

when i met my husband 8 years ago - he had a noticeable rash on his back and groin area. i asked him to get it checked - but he said doctors never did anything for him. finally i got him to go to the dermatologist. we've been to 3 now. all have prescribed shampoos (selsun, etc.) to use as body...

Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions

The Patient.co.uk annual survey

Help us make Patient.co.uk better by answering our survey

No, thanksTake part!