Palsy - Non Cerebral

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • student112 1

Please Help with Post stroke rehabilitation project

Hi everyone, My name is Ally and I am a student at the University of Massachusetts in Boston. As part of a school project, I was tasked to find out a little bit more about post-stroke complications that involve facial muscles. I was wondering if there is anybody who could help me with my project...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • sally25567 1
  • goldie2012 1
  • Guest M
  • sarahjo 1

bells palsy documentary

hello, i have had bells palsy since december 06 and as a consequence am making a documentary about the condition as it is not widely known about. I have done a video diary since getting it and am keen to speak to others that have it too. I would also like to film on other person who still has the condition,...

< 6 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

bells a long battle

Hi I have had this illness for almost three years , most of the time I can get through the day but other times I can be a bit low. i get people looking at my face all the time . I have looked for certain herpes to help but I donot know if I can trust them. :? sad :?

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M
  • Guest M
  • shida 1

i am new here and confius

hye there,.first of all.i am shida from malaysia. yup.i juz found out about myself all this long. i am having facial nerve palsy since birth. but till now am in my age of 20 years old. i actually know what happen to me all this while ! i already did a research and sure about this.but the things is my...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

facial nerve palsy

im 17 and ive had facial palsy or whatever its called since i was born. my eye weeps everyday, i cant blink, i can smile, i cant move my eyebrow and apparently im going to lose my hearing when im older. The odd thing is i can still slightly move my mouth sort of to the side or fully down but not up....

< 6 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Dazz56 1

Erbs palasy

Hello, i have erbs palasy in my left arm, I'm 22 and in the past 3 months my arm has been getting more painful then normal. In the last week I have been suffering from muscle spasms in my arm and the left side of my chest as well as pins and needles in my fingers. I have seen the doctor who took...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • sharon1981 1

Bell's Palsy

My Bell's Palsy started 3 weeks today (Thurs). It started with tingling of my lips which spread to the right side of my face. I thought I was allergic to my new lipstick so didn't worry too much. The next morning my face felt numb and my mouth was a bit droopy and felt like when you go to the...

• Guest M

palsy after brain op for avm

After three operations for avm's on my brain I awoke with what was d iagnosed as BELLS PALSY this was apparently caused by the radiologist dislodging a tiny blood clot during the procedure. This was at the beginning of July 2010, I was told that it would right itself in two to three months. I have...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

facial palsy following surgery

In June 2007 I had radical surgery following a diagnosis of cancer . I lost me rght ear and a substantial part of he tissue and bone in the head. I was left with facial disfigurement and palsy due to the surgery and although attempts have been made to help my sight and eating there has only been limited...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Musician's Palsy

I play the French horn and got the Bell's palsy after an exceptionally day playing 3 weeks ago. It seems to be fading already. I was sent to the stroke unit and found to be A1 in all other respects. My treatment was 7 days x 60mg steroids. If I return to playing, will it happen again?

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

RE . MY DIS APPOINT MENT

YOUR WRITE UP ON FACIAL PALSY WAS EXCELLENT BUT I WAS DIS APPOINTED TO NOTICE THAT IN YOUR TREATMENT THERE IS NO PLAN FOR PHYSIOTHERAPY. AS A PHYSIOTHERAPIST, I HAVE TREATED A NUMBER OF CASES BOTH UPPER AND LOWER MOTOR NEURON WITH VERY EXCELLENT OUTCOME.HERE IN THE HOSPITAL WHERE I WORK IT IS JUST NORMAL...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Still tired

I was diagnosed with Bells Palsy at the end of June. After having loads of Anti-Virals and Steroids I have made a nearly complete recovery, apart from a strange feeling when I yawn! Anyone just diagnosed don't panic (I know it's easy to say, I did panic for the first few days!) As it is now...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • tracybaby1975 1

Hells Bells

hi there all im a 34yr old lady i started with what my local A&amp;E thought was a bad migrain last thursday but got confirmed on tuesday at my local doctors as Bells Palsy, it started out on wednesday when i woke up to the left and side of my tongue all numb went to bet that night with my and and...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

hellsbells palsy

The first sign that something was not right was a discomfort in my left eye.While trying to put mascara on my left eyelashes I couldnt bring my eyelid down to meet the brush and on looking in the mirror I noticed that my eye appeared more open than the right eye and on blinking my right eye blinked at...

• Guest M

still got it

hi there.three months now and ive still got the bp.eye is still a bit of a problem but not quite as bad as it was.still no movement of my muscles on that side of my face so i have resorted to micro-current treatments.supposed to help but i need at least 10 of them so only time will tell.perhaps it will...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • dpwarb 1

Bells Palsy

Well it's been 6 months since i was first diagnosed with bells palsy, and was beginning to get worried after 4 months with no improvement. But in the last 2 months things hasve started to happen and the lower part of my face statred to improve first, my taste came back first with a lifting of my...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

my experienc with bells palsy

my BP started on 15 JAN 2010. the first week of semester. I had severe headaches before that for almost 10 days but since I was studying so hard ( 10 hours a day) for the upcoming exam, I thought it was not something important. I was talking to one of my friends that I realize I don’t have control on...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • wendy holder 1

HELP AND INFORMATION NEEDED

hi i am writing this to see if their is any one who has or knows of people with psp.unfortunatley for me and my family both my parents have this awful disease.sadly my dad died january 2009 and my mother is in the late stages of this disease.as far as we are aware and dr nicholls from queen elizabeth...

< 7 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

bells palsy

i found out i had belss palsy 2 days ago i cant move my face 0n one side i was realy scared because it came on over night i only relalised when i went to eat some thing and it felt realy wierd i asked my partner is my mouth working and he said one side of my mouth was frozen and when i went to get it...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • emmy 1
  • Guest M

My BP experience

I \&quot;acquired\&quot; the condition two weeks ago today. Thankfully, I have already seen a considerable improvement in my condition. The BP came on gradually one evening when at dinner. I felt a constant twitch in my left eyelid and then felt a numb feeling in my mouth - as if I had an injection...

• Guest M
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

bells palsy came on4 days ago

i came bak from shopping 4 days ago with my 3 kids , i was perfectly fine until an hour later i noticed my left eye wasnt closing, didnt really think mush about it until a couple a hours later i noticed my mouth was sagging to the right, i got the emergency doctor and was reffered to hospital where i...

• Guest M

thought i had a stroke

Last friday I had been feeling under the weather and ringing in right ear. I woke up saturday morning and felt my right eye weeping. I thought it was some allergy and thought nothing of it. During the course of the day I found I couldnt speak properly and little movement on the right hand side of my...

• Guest M
  • Guest M

Bell's Palsy

I woke up about 3 week's ago with typical Bell's Palsy symptons. I went to the doctor who confirmed that it was, in fact, Bell's Palsy and prescribed steroids. I did not want to take steroids and instead saw a homoeopath who prescribed a homoeopathic version of cortisone plus a product...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

bells palsey

I am a lady of 59 and have just devloped bells palsey caused by shingles it is most distressing sad and i find comfort in the experiences of others who have had this and thankfully have recovered :D i am having treatment from my GP who is most supportive :idea: so i do hope to recover well from this...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

bulbar palsy

if a bulbar palsy sufferer whose symptoms started instantly rather than gradually had an electromyography which showed \&quot;abnormalities\&quot;, would motor neuron disease be the most likely diagnosis?

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions