Nitrofurantoin

6 members E 2 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Applebee31

Nitrofuriton for bladder infection

I was prescribed nitrofuriton a few times for a bladder infection. Each time it made me feel quite ill. After three years of antibiotics including nitrofuriton I had a seizure. It was then found that I had a brain tumour in my head and the nitrofuriton made it worse. My urine had been sent away for...

<0 replies _ 0 votes < Reply to Applebee31
  • marareta

nitrofurantion

Terrible drug awfull side effects when taking it but worse still when you come of it bad sickly stomach headaches no appetite acid and worse of all anxiety has anyone else suffered this would be interesting to know

<0 replies _ 0 votes < Reply to marareta
  • marareta

nitrofurantion

I take nitrofurantion for an on going UTI ive had the infection for 2yrs has tests camera all clear when it clears for about 2weeks i take a maintenace dose of 50mg per night but it always comes back i ache feel sick have a weezing chest pins and needles have sores up my nose and vagina my muscles...

<0 replies _ 0 votes < Reply to marareta

All discussions in this group

Persistent UTI

Two courses of Ciprofloxacin failed to eliminate my problems entirely, so I was prescribed a course of Nitrofurantoin. I feel I was lucky, as I experienced absolutely none of the numerous side effects that were mentioned on the leaflet with the tablets, except a bit of tiredness towards the end of the...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Applebee31

Nitrofuriton for bladder infection

I was prescribed nitrofuriton a few times for a bladder infection. Each time it made me feel quite ill. After three years of antibiotics including nitrofuriton I had a seizure. It was then found that I had a brain tumour in my head and the nitrofuriton made it worse. My urine had been sent away for...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • marareta

nitrofurantion

Terrible drug awfull side effects when taking it but worse still when you come of it bad sickly stomach headaches no appetite acid and worse of all anxiety has anyone else suffered this would be interesting to know

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • marareta

nitrofurantion

I take nitrofurantion for an on going UTI ive had the infection for 2yrs has tests camera all clear when it clears for about 2weeks i take a maintenace dose of 50mg per night but it always comes back i ache feel sick have a weezing chest pins and needles have sores up my nose and vagina my muscles...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

urinary infection

had ear wax removed by nurse but still hear gurgling noise when head on pillow, saw piece in daily express 2nd feb about it very good piece. now have burning in end penis, when trying to go to loo, also very sore to pass solids, headaches, listless, want to sleep, sweaty/cold temp 102 then 97, unable...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

serious lung damage

Mum's just been admitted to hospital with severe breathing difficulties which the doctors now believe was caused by prolonged use of nitrofurantoin as a prophylactic. Mum saw her GP on numerous occasions as she was progressively getting worse and worse, over a period of about 6 weeks and it wasn't...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply

Taking Nitrofuratoin for re-occurant UTI

Taking Nitrofuratoin tablets - 50mg The drugs worked quickly after taking the first dose, within 5 hours of taking the first pill the pain and blood from my UTI had subsided. It gave me quite a queasy stomach when i first started taking it and my urine was a rather vivid bright yellow for days after...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

nutrofurantoin and my 7 yr old

Daughter has re-occuring urine infections, and constant back pain, constant flushes, paiin and nipping when urinating and has never been continent. She attends a clinic and various scans have been done and told all was normal. Had severe e-coli 18mths ago and was hospitalised, now has e-coli again. Nitrofurantoin...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Nitrofurantoin

Hi I had a very bad experience with this drug, after having dye put through me, to check my bladder etc. I was phoned and told to get the prescription for this from the Pharmacy, I took 2 doses, next day I was very ill with E.coli in my blood and had to go straight to hospital, I felt awful, my breathing...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Nitrofurantoin

I was prescribed Nitrofurantoin by my GP for a bout of cystitis which had not responded to Trimethoprim. After the first tablet my stomach started churning, but I took the second tablet as prescribed. I then had severe nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting. I have never felt so unwell! I stopped taking them...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Nitrfurantoin

I have been taking trimethroprim for about a year now as a low maintenance dose for frequent bouts of bladder infections but my surgeon wanted me to change them and so gave me Nitrofurantoin instead. I read the advice label religiously and it mentioned that a 'mild' skin rash could occur....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

nitrofurantoin

I am on my second day of taking nitrofurantoin for cystitis which flares up from time to time. The symtoms went quickly but I am starting to feel sick. I have taken these antibiotics before and had itchy ankles as a side effect.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

nitrofurantoin

nitrofurantoin oh my god i feel bloated all the time and my eyes sting if they water since taking nitrofurantoin and i only have a uti. is it all worth it i ask myself

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

nitrofurantoin

My husband was given nitrofurantoin for a urine infection. He then developed what was diagnosed at conjunctivitis. A month later he found that the urine infection had not cleared, and was prescribed the same again. Guess what? The eye problem reappeared within days. It turns out that it is a side effect,...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Long term macrodantin(Nitrofurantion)

Hi Just wondered if any one else out there has suffered any respitory problems after being on macrodantin for long period of time. I would be vbery interested in hearing from you if you have had any side effects. Thanks Lorri

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Introfurantoin

The second day (third tablet) of taking introfurantoin for a urine infection I felt nauseous, my hands shook. This feeling gave me relief after 4hrs, since then I have been taking the tablets once, four times a day and I still feel sick but not as bad as that dreaded second day. I eat something sweet...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions