Metronidazole

47 members E 2 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next

Odd Side Effects

I found that for the first two days i was taking these pills i was i was having side effects like switching between tired and angry to hyperactive and unable to concentrate on anything, dizziness, tastes like im sucking on coins and the weirdest being an INCREASE in my sex drive. Four days throught now...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • angela36473

Metronidazole 400mg HELL

It is not myself taking this med, it is my partner. He started with an abscess on his gum, was prescribed Metronidazole 400mg plus Amoxicillin 500mg, both 1 tab 3x a day. Normally I have a very fit and healthy person living with me, after taking 3 doses of Metronidazole... Well .. He spent 2 hours...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • annemarie02818

is it normal for metronidazole to make you bleed?

I was given metronidazole from my dentist for a dry socket. On day two of taking them, I started to bleed. It is a light in flow and fresh red blood, I've had no period cramping but have been having low back pains. My last period was only 2 weeks ago and I normally am on a four week cycle. I am on...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • gail23173

can I stop taking Metronidazole

I have been suffering from a gastrointestinal problem for the last 6 weeks (nausea, bloating, burping etc). My doctor gave me metronidazole to rule out a parasite or bug. She has also prescribed Nexium for dyspepsia, but she said to take the metronidazole first. Well, I have been taking it for 5 days,...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • bea8
  • darien
  • lauramay79
  • Bea123

Feeling sleepy on this medication

I've been taking this medication (400mg twice a day) and started feeling really sleepy since the first couple of tablets. Didn't connect the medication with the tiredness at first but then went on the Internet and realised it's a common side effect. I was almost falling asleep at my desk...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • daisypink

more side effects

Thank goodness I found this site! I thought I was truly going round the bend after 2 and half days on Metronidazole. I slept for 10 hours last night, have had mega hot-flushes combined with freezing cold spells during the past 2 nights and feel like a total zombie. I am not going to take anymore of them...

• Ladywriter1968
  • ecover
  • Mimi Jane

Metronidazole to treat an abscess

I thought the abscess was bad, until i started taking this antibiotic! Despite the swollen face and constant throbbing pain, it's better then the side effects of this drug. I am on a 7 day dose, three times a day, and i have spent my first two day sitting in my bathroom being sick. This makes me...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Metronidazole - after effects

After tooth root treatment I acquired an abscess which almost doubled the size of my face. I revisited the dentist who prescribed Metronidazole. I faithfully took them and during the course of 1 every eight hours I had stomach cramps. I finished the course and I still have cramps in my upper stomach...

• Dinks

metronidazole

sad I was perscribed this drug on Monday 31/1/11 after being in pain all weekend after root canal treatment the previous we dnesday. At first I was eager to get back to work but found by Wednesday 2/2/11 I was still suffering. My family have had to cook as I could not bear the thought of food I felt...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Metronidazole

I was given Metronidazole by my dentist after having a back tooth out, and then getting an infection. The side effects I had after taking it for 3 days were a headache and feeling sick and then was sick, not a very nice experience.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

side effects

I was given Metronidazole for BV. I had an upset stomach, with some sensations of feeling sick. I also had some darkening of my urine which seems to be a common side effect. The stomach aches feel like cramping and like I need to actually be sick, this has also caused some acute diorrhea

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

side effects

ive been taking this antibiotic for an infection following having my wisdom tooth and are unsure if I am having side effects of this medicine. Today I have been having terrible stomach pain and a burning sensation throughout my chest and stomach area.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Metronidazole side effects

Both my wife &amp; myself were prescribed Metronidazole 400mg following wisdom tooth extractions. She is mildly asthmatic &amp; Metronidazole affected her breathing, made her feel drowsy &amp; sick. After the third day of taking it she informed our dentist &amp; was told to stop taking...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Metronidazole Effects

I was prescribed 400mg, three times a day for 5 days following a dental extraction brought on by a painful abscess and the swelling which did not subside, therefore requiring an anaerobic antibiotic to get at the secondary infection deep down under the healing wound. I have now take 9 of the 15 tablets....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

metronidazole side effects

After a course for tooth infection and Ihate taking antibiotics but severe tooache will make you take anything! I quickly develped a horrible white covered tongue and metallic taste, which I never have. Also have just noticed that brest pain is a side effect. I have had this ever since taking the course...

metronidazole

I have been taking Metronidazole 400mg x2, plus doxycycline 100mg x2. Happy to say i have not had any side effects with these for far. Am on day 6 and have 8 more days to go.It's important to follow instruction to a T with these. I have chronic heartburn/esophagitis so always take these after a meal...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

metronidazole long term effects

:? I was given metronidazole for a tooth infection 200 x 9 tablets and I collapsed I discovered later that I had been given this medication 9 time for diviticulitus over 10 years this last dose has completely upset me neurologically. 2 years later and I have not recovered, my doctor was very helpful...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

So dizzy and unsteady

Have taken just 4 of these tablets after having a tooth abscess treated and cannot walk. My head is swimming and I have to grab surfaces to walk around. I have been told not to take any more by my dentist. Anyone else have this reaction?

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Hunger?

I have been taking these tablets for three days and feel constantly hungry! Is this a normal side effect? I cannot see it listed as a side effect on any website. Maybe its just me?!

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

STRONG BUT THey WORK!!

Hi l was prescribed 400mgs 3 times a day which is way too much for me but lm taking them twice day which means course will last longer yuck! These are strong boys and l recommend you drink lots of water whilst takign them. I think thye dehydrate you re the headaches dry mouth etc. Had these in past but...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

stiff joints

Hi Can anyone reassure me about these pills. Had an awful tooth absess and was prescribed amoxilllan and Metra---- 500mg twice daily for a week. I developed a rash around my middle and suffered the most frightening stiffness to my joints . My hand became useless and bending at the knee impossible....

Metronidazole

Comments below very helpful, started taking these tablets 4 days ago and have been feeling extremely tired and cold. Still have 6 days to go!

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Heliobacter

On 400mg metronidazole, amongst other things! 3 times a day for 14 days for heliobacter pylori. Now on day 6. Have not been too good - severe stomach pain (no squits!), bad headaches and slight dizziness, foul taste in mouth and dark wee. Spoken to two docs about side effects and have been reassured...

Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions