Losartan

44 members E 31 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

• helen14083
  • Stacy

Losartin Potassium

Hi I would love to hear from any one who is on Losartin Potassium for High Blood Pressure. I am a very fit 56yr old who is working in a professional job that needs a clear head and plenty of energy. However after three years of constant anxiety I was diagnised as having high Blood Pressure following...

< 18 replies _ 1 vote Last reply
  • Matron
  • amresh09076
  • debbie141
  • todd70383

Losartan 50

I was wondering, those who exercise and take Losartan how do you replinish your electrolytes? The reason I ask is, are you not supposed to limit potassium while taking this medication? I have been thinking about Gatorade but I'm not sure about the extra potassium in the product. Any in sights...

< 4 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • sandra138

Losartan K 50mg

Have changed from Amlodipine to Losartan as they gave me swollen ankles and dizziness, have been on Losartan for 4 month but have many side affects. I have a constant muzzy feeling, transient dizziness and a queasy feeling all of which come and go but feel extremely tired when experiencing the feeling....

< 5 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • pam60654
  • tracy71318

blood pressure tablets

hi i recently have been put on ramiprill for high blood pressure but unfortunatley i have a bad skin reaction while taking them . my gp as now changed my meds and put me on losartan 50mg is there anybody taking this drug and have you had any problems being on it. thanks tracy

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • shevlen
  • eitan100
  • Chicibok

Good experience

Hi - I'm a 45 year old woman. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at about 38. Since then I've tried on several drugs including Rampril and Felodepine both of which gave me horrid side effects (coughing, headaches etc.) I started on Losartan about 3 years ago and take it along with bendroflumetiazide...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • pattianne

Ramipril and Gold Injections

RRESBD I have just been taking ramipril 2.5 for 3 days and went today for my Gold injections for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Within 3 minutes I had collapsed and was rushed to emergency admissions. Fortunately they sorted it out within 6 hours and I was allowed to go home. If I had got to my car I do...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • joseluly

Losartan and increase in twitching related to Tourettes

I've been on Losartan for only 9 days. I've tried 4 other meds prior without any results. With this med it has come down some, but it fluctuates. I also have a mild case of Tourettes but with Gabapentin it really eases the sympoms. However, ever since I started taking Losartan I have been twitching...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Losartan

Take Vitamin d3 - 2000 iu per day to alleviate all your muscle problems, Since starting on this most of my muscle problems are past. Hope this helps

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Dangerous no but worring

Unknown to me and my GP Losartan and similar drugs are a strong antiplatlet in conjuction with daily aspirin lowered my blood count low enough to cause fears of leukemia, I traced the effects through searching the internet and informed my GP who changed me to a different type of medicine and my Blood...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Losartan Potassium (100mg) causing BLACKOUT FALLS

For a number of years my mother was on Losartan Potassium (100mg) and suffered blackout falls. Her GP was aware of the falls but didn't act upon the problem. Mum's health deteriorated due to shattered confidence and pain from repeated falls. On visiting her one Christmas,I felt I needed to stay...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Losartan and side effects.

Hi I have been taking Losartan for 7 years and i have had no side effects like other lowering blood pressure tabs and i have had a few. However, for the past 4 yrs i have suffered aches and pains in my muscles as well as spasms and fatigue, but now a health professional has advised me to change to...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Losartan Side Effects

I have been taking Cozaar for 7 years with few problems, however I live in Spain and my new doctor changed to a spanish form of Losartan as it is cheaper. I told him it made my legs ache and I had upset stomach and headaches but apparently he cannot give me Cozaar on prescription as it is more expensive....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Kathryn Elizabeth

Losartan

been on losartan for a year and everything has been good - reduced blood pressure brilliantly with no problems.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

accidental overdose of ramipril

I accidentally, or should i say stupidly took a double dose of ramipril 20mg instead of my usual 10mg. As it's only double what I'm used to I was wondering if it would matter and if i should therefore miss out tomorows dose altogether. It was very careless of me and I intend to be more careful...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Ramipril and side effects

I have had heart failure for eighteen years, . As you may imagine, over the years I have met lots and lots of 'in' and 'out' patients over the year, and been on all the heart drugs, etc etc. The 'dry cough' side effect of Ramipril seems so widespread and common that prescribing...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions