Lofepramine

45 members New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• sue1414

Coming of Lofepramine....

I have been on this drug ever since my 2 sons were toddlers both with medical problems and there father left me. That was 15 years ago. I started of on 70mg but that was increased to 140mg which I took 70mg in the morning and 70mg in the evening before I went to bed. I have never questioned the side...

<0 replies _ 0 votes < Reply to sue1414
  • redsquirrel

will the weird feeling ever go away?

About 4 months ago, my doctor changed my medication from mirtazipine to lofepramine. Initially I took 70mg in the morning, and 70mg at night. Although I got side effects, I didnt feel a huge improvement in my mood. I saw my doctor again last week, and he suggested increasing my morning dose to 140mg,...

<0 replies _ 0 votes < Reply to redsquirrel
  • sue15

lofepramine

weening off lofepramine was on 70mg a nite reduced tablet in half .feeling sick constipated feel awefull worse infact is there a a tab that dosent make sick? loss of appettite to .also servere headace .any advise plz. dnt want to feel like this :arrow: :grrr:

<0 replies _ 0 votes < Reply to sue15

All discussions in this group

Next
  • sue1414

Coming of Lofepramine....

I have been on this drug ever since my 2 sons were toddlers both with medical problems and there father left me. That was 15 years ago. I started of on 70mg but that was increased to 140mg which I took 70mg in the morning and 70mg in the evening before I went to bed. I have never questioned the side...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

just started lofepramine

hey i was out on lefepramine 3 days ago and was told by my doctor that it would take 2 weeks for me to notice a difference or any side effects, but 3 days in and alredy i am expreiencing a dry mouth, dizzyness, loss of appetite, feeling of needing to vomit, aint peeing like normal and feel like i want...

< 4 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Feeling drunk on Lofepramine

Hello all - I was recently changed to Lofepramine after being on Prozac for a while. After taking only three 70mg tablets I felt totally \&quot;drunk\&quot; and had to be collected from work as I dare not drive. I was spaced out, giggling and doing silly things!! When I got home I slept from...

< 7 replies _ 1 vote Last reply
  • jlc
  • redsquirrel

will the weird feeling ever go away?

About 4 months ago, my doctor changed my medication from mirtazipine to lofepramine. Initially I took 70mg in the morning, and 70mg at night. Although I got side effects, I didnt feel a huge improvement in my mood. I saw my doctor again last week, and he suggested increasing my morning dose to 140mg,...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • sue15

lofepramine

weening off lofepramine was on 70mg a nite reduced tablet in half .feeling sick constipated feel awefull worse infact is there a a tab that dosent make sick? loss of appettite to .also servere headace .any advise plz. dnt want to feel like this :arrow: :grrr:

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • sue15

day 3 lofepramine

:? just started taking 70 mg at nite for one week then my doctor has told me to take 70 mg in the mornings so it will be 140 mg im feeling dizzyness not sleeping well waking up 4am in the mornings not been able to go back off to sleep. sweating in the nite just at my wits end does the side affects go?...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • tillymadonna

lofepramine

I recently came of Citalopram and tried Lofepramine, but within the first day, i had itchy skin all over, in my scalp all over and it wouldnt stop, i also couldnt sleep and had bad dreams and sweating. I decided that I would go back on Citalopram. It was the itching that i couldnt cope with. Has anyone...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Lofepramine

I've been taking Lofepramine for over a year now and its really helped me. I've been on a few different anti-depressants on and off over the last ten years (Prozac, Seroxat, Citalopram and Venlafaxine) but Lofepramine was the first triclyclic i'd tried. I had some side-effects to start...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Lofepramine and depression

Been taking Lofepramine for two or three weeks. Got the cold hands and feet whilst the rest is periodically hot and sweaty. Thought this was menopause till read comments from others on this meds! Feeling nauseous too when sweaty. Also detached and a bit disorientated. Can't remember where I have...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

just commenced on these tablets

sad :oops: I was commences on these after taking other prescribed drugs that had little benefit and terrible side effects, lets be tactful in needed to be near a loo 24/7 !! .....I have been taking these for around 3 weeks feel more agitated than i have ever !! recognise the cold hands and feet effect...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Lofepramine 6 weeks in

I have been taking these tablets for 6 weeks now, 3 weeks on 210mg. I actually feel worse now than I did before I started them. I feel very agitated, cant sleep at night as my heart is racing and sweat a lot. Has anyone else experienced this. Thought tablets would be taking effect by now.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Starting to feel better on Lofepramine

Have recently had dose increased to 210mg/day by my psych. as 140mg wasn't really making any difference. For the first few weeks after increasing the dose I nearly stopped taking them as was having really bad mood swings and feeling suicidal at times. Also was feeling really spaced out and detached...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Used for 10 months now

My first experience of antidepressants, and a positive one. I've been taking 1x70mg each night. Sleeping improved very quickly, and apart from a couple of days at the start with a dry mouth, no side effects I can definitely pin on the drug. I've gained weight, but depression suppresses the appetite,...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • tognem

dream world

been on these for just under 2 weeks and feel worse than ever . Feel like in my own world looking in on everyone else . Spaced out sickly dizzy and more depressed. Docter said have to give them 5 weeks but dont know if can cope can anybody give me possitve feedback . Took overdose 4 weeks ago dont want...

• clairejames

Am I the only one??

Hi I have been on these tabs now for almost one month first 2 weeks on 7omg and now im on 140mg....They taken me off venalaxine as they really didnt do anything was on 225mg per day. Im having normal side effects sickness, loss of appertite. But I am sleeping more on these but also seem very very angry...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply

Lofepramine

:cry: I was prescribed Lofepramine 1 month ago for help with my IBS and pmt. Before this I was on Fluoxetine but that didnt help the IBS so my GP decided to move me on to Lofepramine. What I have found is that one month on from starting Lofepramine, I'm upset, snappy, crying and feel just awful....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • bizzle

just started lofepramine

I take 1 70mg tab at night. i have only started them last night, i found it very difficult to sleep but then napped all afternoon today, now i feel worse than ever i have been prescribed them for depression and anxiety but since i havent stopped crying and feel very paranoid and anxious. has this happened...

< 7 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Lofepramine and booze

Okay, I know you're not supposed to drink at all if you take antidepressants, but I'm 22 and that doesn't seem realistic to me - my social life would have to change massively! Has anyone else noticed that if you have a couple of drinks and then take a bedtime dose, you get the most APPALLING...

• nicola2

should i continue taking these

I have been taking lofepramine for justover 2 weeks now, my dose has been increased the past week to 140mg a day. I can honestly say i feel totally miserable and even worse than what i was. In the past two years i have been on fluoxetine then effexor now these. the fluoxetine stopped working, the effexor...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • blossom9

Extreme abnormal reactions and dissociation

I have recently had a horrendous experience after being prescribed 70mg. of Lofepramine daily to treat long term clinical depression and hit a mild low period. I had been taking Escitalopram for years (on a low 5mg. dose). I am very sensitive to antidepressants and I let the psychiatrist know this after...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Redmegan

Just started Lofepramine today

I took my first lofepramine this morning. Feel a little bit sick and maybe a little spaced out but don't think I've had enough to notice any huge difference. How long before I stop feeling so low? Was on Prozac before but they didn't really help. I've been going to CBT and working...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Lofepramine and headiness

Hi, I have been taking Lofepramine 70mg in the morning and one early evening. I think they are now doing kicking in after 5 weeks, as I find I am able to do more, whereas before I was unable to do anything. I had nausea every day and lost 18lbs in 6 weeks. Was unable to eat. I had to force food down...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • tigger1982
  • Dippy Girl

lofepramine

i took these for 7 days only i could not sleep, the most terrible anger ,and the most heavey sweating ive ever had i was changeing my clothes and under wear three times a day and i begain to see black dogs and black figures and my doctour said these were one of the best may i just add my happy doctour...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions