Globus Sensation

57 members E 11 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • jfcuk1975
  • deborah15595

Globus Hystericus

Hi All, I have a story exactly like everyone I just read. It is not always acid reflux or GERD-mine isn't. Yes it is stress. You are not fighting cancer or heart disease-you are fighting you! I got this after having mole diagnosed as Melanoma-which thankfully did not get out of the mole!!! Then...

< 15 replies _ 1 vote Last reply
  • peterf1968
  • julie82200
  • The Globus Kid
  • aidan95

some help or reassurance with globus please?

Hello, I was first diagnosed with globus a few weeks ago. It all started one evening when I was eating a sandwich, I ate the first half fine but when I got to the second half all of a sudden my food started to feel like it was getting stuck and i started to panic. So I went straight to a&e as I...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Shazmynn

Globus Pharyngeus Healing

Hi, I had this problem for a month plus before and I'm here to share with you with my experience on how to heal it. I had Globus Pharygeues after feeling a sharp thing in my throat for quite some time. It was bad for weeks then it became like a small very small soft ball feeling in my throat. I...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • old doctor

One way of explaining the globus phenomenon

13 May 2012 at 13:38PM On "globus". Beeing an ENT doctor for 35 years I have met very many patients, whose complaints are: "I feel a lump in my throat". I remember, some time ago, I met 5 patients in the same day, with just this problem. My view is: the very simple cause of the various...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • The Globus Kid
  • albert

Is this what I've got?

I have been having the sensation of a lump in the throat for the last couple of months. I just find it irritating not painful. I tend to cough up a lot of phlegm in the process although not all the time. Today it hasn't been so bad but when it does occur it is awful. It feels like a lump going...

• Michelleemosley
  • The Globus Kid
  • The Globus Kid

Globus Pharyngis - Key Update Please Read this

I have had a Major breakthrough with my Globus symptoms which I hope will help someone else who is suffering with Globus.. My latest trip for my most recent endoscopy ended as usual with the consultant reminding me how many times my throat has been examined and every time it has been clear and healthy,...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • freddie_84

Glad I'm not alone

It's been really useful and helpful to read about other people's experiences with Globus Hystericus. This is a term that you wouldn't just \&quot;know\&quot;-you would have had to have researched it. Having read other people's experiences with it, I could really relate to many...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • steve282

globus hystericus

my wife has suffered from this for 12years she has tried everything to get rid of this , yesterday she cut her wrist, we spent 12 hours at a&amp;e and was sent home by the doctors and the crissis team with not so much as a pain killer, can anybody help me please i dont want to lose my wife?

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

GH linked to Bell's Palsy?

I had Bell's Palsy six years ago, acute effects for two weeks then resolved, it was after this that my GH started. I have had an endoscopy which they said showed a spasm in my oesophagus, I have had no treatment given or suggested. I can't find reference to a link between the two conditions but...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

help!

Gh gone, now having panic attacks, on sleeping pills anti depressant not sure how much i can take, life is hard enough without this horrible illness, does diazapam work for anyone else or just me,

• Stewart

Globus Hystericus when driving on motorways!

Funny one this, about 7 years ago I was in Cornwall and had to drive back to Oxfordshire as my cat was dying, on the way back my throat felt like it was closing up, my mouth was dry and I felt all sorts of other weird things going on! Prior to this I had been diagnosed by the GP as having GH, I used...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Wallis

throat and auto-immune disease

Hi all, just found this site. I'm female, and at 51 was diagnosed with polymyalgia rheumatica (pmr). Not nice at all and the treatment is steroids. I was completely traumatised by getting ill (how dare that happen to me!) and by having to take medication that has potentially horrendous side effects....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Globus Hystericus

you have all made me feel so much better knowing I am not the olny one. For over a year now I have had this wierd lump feeling in my throat, I went doctors this morning and told me what its called. But with mine I have developed a habitual coughing thing, were to clear the feeling a keep coughing, a...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

GH-a family thing??

Hi, I'm 25 and am sufferering from GH for the third time. The first two times were when I was in my teens and lasted around a week- both of which came on after 'weight' had been lifted off my shoulders. Both times were very painful and I had to sit at home spitting into a bucket as I couldn't...

Long time sufferer

Hi to all I have suffered from GH for 15 years now, mine comes and goes sometimes without warning other times i feel it happening, it stopped for 2 years and is now back, mine gernerally comes when i am stressed, but have also founf that when i first start a cycle of anti depressants it comes on, i...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Terror of GH

Hi Im new to this forum and found it by chance when I was doing some research on GH. I am going through a very stressful and anxious time at the moment and have been prescribed propanalol for anxiety, something which I have never had in my life!!! I am 44 years of age and thought I had gone through...

• Tinks

I have Globus on and off now for more than 15 years

My Globus ater always comes on after a prolonged bout of reflux . The symtoms include - Feeling dizzy - breathlessness with too much exertion or walking up steep hillls - a sensation like someone having theirhands around my throat -sore throat headaches I have had it many times over the years but...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • carlals

Anyone tried hypnotherapy?

I've suffered now for 3 years. Like most of you, I've had all the tests, including MRI, and nothing scary thank god, but left with this strangling sensation and spasms. The doctor tried me on Propranolol (beta blocker), which didn't make the slightest bit of difference. I accept that it...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions