Fissure In Ano

136 members E 128 recent discussions New discussion Join group Also known as Anal Fissure

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • john92161
  • graham82620

Fissurectomy result

Had operation 3 days ago. Still in agony after BM. Pain improves after 4-5 hours but screaming pain 1-2 hours after BM. Strange because for first hour after BM pain is manageable, but then it comes... Predictability of pain cycle can cause you to become distressed. Had to drink half bottle of vodka...

< 16 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • MOONFAIRY
  • jenny2014

anal fissure

Does anyone have thoughts about fasting as a way to heal anal fissures. I have had a chronic one since giving birth 7 months ago. I've done topical treatments and have had the botox injection, but nothing is changing. I'm considering either a 3 day clear juice fast or even the 10 day Master...

< 46 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • graham82620
  • ziphius
  • ianee
  • helen 79032
  • romanroman

Anal Fissure and Regular Exercise

Seems no one talks about the exercise, just would like to know if what kind of exercise would help heal. Swimming,running, or other exercise? If the exercise would lead a more serious fissure? or only BM will affect the fissure. Thanks.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Waleedkhan

Anal Fissure help

Its been two months I have been suffering from anal fissure. They healed and come back in time to time. Today I went to my surgeon for proper checkup. He said as it is more than 6 weeks, so now we could go for surgical solution i.e. sphincterotomy. I am 22 years old and I am really afraid of surgery....

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • anonymus2013

Did fissure completely heal?

hi, I have been suffering from chronic anal fissure for many years , I finally decided to treat it , after many weeks I'm painless but still feel the line of the fissure exist but much less prominant than it wasbefore starting home treatement Did I compleltely heal? Is what I fell now is scar formation?Is...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • andrew19601
  • Rolex

7 Month Anal Fissure and Weight Loss

Hello this is my first post on here. I am a 17 year old male and for the last 7 months have been experiencing bleeding when i poo. Around the time it started i lost a lot of weight unexpectedly and without trying , my BMI was about 19 and is now 15.1. I lost the weight so im now about 44KG and it has...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • gregory8

Anal Fisure and Severe Constipation

Hello Thanks for subscribe I suffer from chronic anal fissure and constipation with stool thick and hard, several years ago. Due to the severity of my constipation tried a balanced vegetarian diet. Helped me a while but I felt hungry and used to ate in excess. Any advise? Greg

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Acupuncture for Anal Fissure

I thought I would write with my experience of having had an anal fissure and how I seem to have now overcome it, in the hope that this might be of interest to fellow sufferers and might at least give hope to those of you suffering the agony of a condition which literally took over my life - twice! I...

• patricia91

Excruciating Fissure!!!!!

I have had a fissure for a year. I would like to know if anyone has experienced a feeling of fullness like sitting or laying on a ball?? I feel like my butt is hanging out from pressure. I had hemorroids removed and thats when I got the problem! When I mention it to anyone they think I am crazy including...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

anal fissure

Hi there, Thanks everyone for your comments. I am 2 months into this new stage of life (ie with an AF) and am getting a bit desperate. I have tried all possible remedies, but am very often in considerable pain. Doc s have been useless. Dietry control is OK in so far as my fissure now feels better, but...

< 8 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • PatientZero

Please help ME!!

Hi All been looking on the internet as ive been coping with a fissure for a year now. i got it around september last year, pretty sure it was due to a really meaty and oily meal. it was painful but bareable. i had months were it was okay after i sought out help. first i was given a stool softener...

< 4 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Roboshrek

Nicorandil + Anal Fissure

As with the majority of posts on here, I too suffered with excruciating pain both during and after each BM. Having endured this for at least 6 months my wife finally had to take me to A+E in absolute agony. Following admission I was 'investigated' and examined under a local anaethstetic by a...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • notagoodpatient

joint pain

12 months ago started with swollen painful fingers ,referred. consultant thought polyarthritis, did bloods etc came back ok. The symptoms have never really improved some times worse than others. Also had x-rays and bone scan all ok,so been like this for a year any ideas

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

ANAL FISSURE NIGHTMARE

Had an anal fissure now for it seems a lifetime. Nothing seems to help. Been on diltiziem cream, tried siltz baths, lidocaine cream, laxatives, high fibre diet. You name it but nothing works. My life at present seems a constant nightmare. For something i once took for granted. I mean going to the toilet...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • sparx12

Lateral Sphincterotomy

Finally after all this time, I had the op on Monday 14th March. I went to Bristol at 12, was seen by the nurse and had an awfully painful enema just after arriving. Not longer after, I saw that lovely anaestetist again. She was fantastic last time as well. She really tries to comfort you although...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

My abscess fissure tale

My episode began in late August 2010 with what I first thought was a bad case of hemmerhoids. But as the pain got more intense, so much so that I could not sleep, I realized I must have something else. I was on my way to emergency at the local hospital (I live in Montreal Canada), when the abscess...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

VY Advancement flap?

Hi, Can anyone share there experiences good or bad of this procedure as thinking of having it done for my fissure. Been 7 months now. On Diltiazem cream 10 weeks which has helped but still uncomfortable. Unsure as to whether to manage discomfort for rest of life or just go for it,Many thanks Steve

< 87 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Anal Fissure hell!

I guess mine started in May 2009 when I was really worried witht he pain and blood when having a BM and then the uncomfortable feeling all the time. After weeks, I went to the doc who told me I had piles and gave me suppositories. For the next 9 months, this came and went and everytime it came I forced...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

4th year of this f ing thing!

Read all your comments regularly and follow you 2 chaps in case you think no one else is out there!! I try manage to control mine nowadays but every month I'll eat/drink too much or get too dry and wham, a tear and pain for days. You think you're getting better perhaps relax a little on the...

Botox for AF

Hi, I have been working my way methodically through all the possible treatments for AF over the past 3 months. I now seriously think I have a better idea of what works than my consultant! The various creams were all very corrosive and were therefore not workable (bad enough to have the AF pain without...

< 5 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions