Female Sterilisation

51 members E 12 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • gemma2103
  • gemma2103

sterilised 6 weeks ago period 9 days late

Hi could anyone help me I was sterilised 6 weeks ago with the clips I had a period 2 days after the op im now 9 days late for my period i did a hpt when I was 5 days late and it was neg I feel really sickly tired have migraine and pain in lower abdomen anyone experience the same or could help please...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • robertsrascal

pain!!!

I can relate to you all also, I had a sterilization done 4 months ago and they used clips to clamp the tubes. Since I am in constant pain on my left side, I cannot lie on my stomach at all! My periods are horrendous they are heavy painful and last longer, I regret ever getting it done I just want them...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • kellym79

sterialisation

I have been sterialised today using keyhole surgery. I had my operation at roughly 10.30am and was home for 1.45pm. I have got to say that everything went well. When I woke up from the op I felt mild pain and was given a painkiller on the ward. Its now 9.30pm and I haven't had to have any pain relief...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • lisa1982xx

ive been sterililsed since 2006

I've had nothing but pain in my sides bad cramping pains like a stabbing pain hurts to move. I'm 17 days late but done a test and its negative I've read on here a guest had hers done on the NHS due to medical grounds I would like to know how you managed that you can pm me I would so like...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

think about it, recovery may take longer

sad After having two children, one of each. My husband and i deceided that we didn't want any more. I was getting fed up with the three monthly depo jabs, and he wouldn.t have the snip, so i went for sterilization. The op and anesthetic was fine until i was woken up. I came around and realized...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

i have applied to have a reversal operaation

i was sterilised 8 years ago im now 39 iv been wanting achild for the past 3 years but thought it couldnt be reversed i talked to my doctor he said it was possibl, there was no mention i would have to pay! i live in ireland and have a medical card.i had the operation straight after my last child as i...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

FEMALE STERILISATION

I met my partner who already had two children. After catching for my first whilst religiously taking the pill, having my second child fifteen and a half months later (should have been 18 but she couldn't wait and was prem), trying an implant which made me very unwell and then going 5 years with an...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Sterilisation is great

I had my sterilisation when I was 36 after my 4th child was born. I have never regretted it and would recommend it to all mothers that do not want any more children. I wanted to take control over this and decided to have the sterilisation i.s.o. my husband. I have never had any problem afterwards. My...

< 0 replies _ 1 vote

Heavy Periods

I was sterilised 10 years ago. Since then my periods have become horrendously heavy. Debilitatingly heavy, to the extent that I dread going out. My sister also had identical problems when she was sterilised. I dont have any other regrets about being sterilised, but I do think ppl should be made...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • poppy123

Sterilization

My sister was sterilized a couple of days ago. Her experience was traumatic. Before going into theatre, she reminded 3 members of staff not to forget to remove the coil she had fitted 3 years ago. She remembers waking up during the procedure wanting to scream but couldn't due to the drugs. She remembers...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • LauraB83

Was anyone NOT on the pill before sterilisation?

Hi Been reading up on heavy periods after the sterilisation. I have always had heavy periods anyway and this is my first one since being sterilised, it's just as heavy as before really. The Dr said that the reason heavy periods occur after sterilisation is because those women have taken the pill...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

dont do it

sad i had this operstion done 2 weeks ago i have 4 children and knew i didnt want anymore ive tried every other form of contraception and none of them agreed with me so me and my husband decided i would get sterilised as he is afraid of needles and hospitals anyways im still not right i spent all last...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • lollypop

sterliisation

I begged to be sterlised after finding out i was pregnant with twins when my daughter was 13 weeks old! i had a bad pregnacy and went into labour 5 weeks early with the twins .. . . they sterilised me at the same time as my emergency c-section and now 4 years on i wait every month for my period in the...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

sterilised

hi all im 33 mother of 6 got sterilised 7mnths ago i got dble clipped wotever that is and had nowt but heavy periods and pain in right side since got it done was wondering maybe could it be something to do with clips ?? ive been trying allsorts on net but cant get proper answers can any1 help xxty xx

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • mamadumi

sharp pain on my right after sterilazation

I had a c/section last year June and i was sterilazed at the same time, my God i have never experienced such pain on my righ hand side. It is killing me it gets worse when im on my piriods. I hate it more than anything in this world. Every time i go to a clinic yhey give me pills and send me home with...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

sterilization &amp; bad periods

:? I got sterilized 10 months ago after having my daughter by c section and since then I have been having my periods for 2 weeks straight . Now I have been on for a month straight and very heavy with clotting and it is very worrying cause it is no sign of it stopping and it is getting me down.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • anon.x

female sterilisation- the truth.

hi ladys, iv just been reading through some of your posts, and feel for every woman out there, who like me has been lied to. i am 30 now and 6 years ago after going through a bit of a difficult pregnancy with my son, my consultant recomended i got sterilised, or i had a 50/50 chance of ending up in a...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

after steriliation

Hi I too was sterilized five years ago my husband wouldn't get done so it was down to me, what a regret shortly after my husband cheated and had another baby. I do also get pain on my right side had burst cysts last year very painful. I have now met someone else although he adores my three children...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

read up on Post-Sterilisation Syndrome

hiya ladies, firstly you are not going mad like the docs would have you think. 7 years ago i had my second child, and through my pregnancy had a bit of a rough time, so got refered to my consaltant. well this man ruined 7 years of my life! you see he recomended i get sterilised and at the time i felt...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

tubal LIE-gation

I HAD A TUBAL LIGATION 14 MTHS AGO AS 2 YRS PREVIOUSLY,HAD FINISHED HAVING KIDS(GOT 4 BY C SECTIONS) WELL 3 MONTHS AFTER,THE PROBLEMS STARTED(SIMILAR TO MENOPAUSE I AM 38! SWEATS,INSOMNIA,BACK ACHE,PAINFUL BREASTS,HEAVY BLOOD LOSS,OVULATORY PAIN,ANXIETY,HEART RACING,THIS OPERATION MESSES UP WITH THE...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Sterilization pain

I was sterilized in 2006 at my own request. I have two boys now aged 9 and 13. Almost immediatley I suffered from chronic debilitating pain. (mostly lower right side, sometimes both sides) After yo-yoing in and out of the local Doctors surgery, by partner took my to Casualty who gave me morphine and...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

sterilised

im 25 hav got 3 children n got sterilised 10months ago and since then my periods have become incredibly heavy and the pain is horrendous i cannot move lt alone pick the baby up, i took codene,paras,even tried feminax n tramadol NOTHING works if i was aware that this would be an issue i would of reconsidered...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • New Woman

Constant pain....

I was sterilised about 15/16 years ago and have had nothing put pain ever since - especially in my right side - sometimes think I have appendicitis. Following an MRI scan they told me my right Filshie clip has come off and is down near my bladder \&quot;but it won't be causing you any trouble\&quot;....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Trixabelle

CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE TRUTH BEHIND STERILISATION

Hi Ladies, Been reading some of your posts here and been truly moved by what many of you have said and by some of your experiences. I hope I'm not causing offence, (that's the last thing I would want to do) but I'm a journalist and I've been asked by UK women's magazines to examine...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • ilona
  • Julesmcc

Complications following laparoscopic sterilisation

Hi there, I'm new to discussion boards but would appreciate some advice. I underwent laparoscopic sterilisation 13 weeks ago. During the procedure the surgeon removed adhesions on my bladder apparently caused by my 2 previous Caesarean sections . Since then I have had extreme stabbing pains in my...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Mrs.A22711

Any good sterilisation stories?

I was sterilised a year ago-and it was and has been, perfectly fine. I have read many, many comments from women who have said they have been left in constant pain, which is terrible. Had I have read all of these, I may not have gone through with my decision to be sterilised. I wish to bring some positivity...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Trixabelle
  • nanajayne
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions