Escitalopram

20 members E 6 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Berkboston
  • macfix
  • stephanie 72419

Anyone have brain zaps/shivers while on cipralex?

Hello, I started taking 10mg of cipralex and it worked amazingly. After taking it for about a month and a half I didn't feel depressed or anxious I just had zero motivation. My doctor moved me up to 20 mg and it has been working perfectly....up until now. I have been on 20 mg for about 3 months now....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • matt21224

Help! day 14 of taking cipralex (escitalopram)

Hi all, I am at day 14 taking escitalopram and for the last 8 days I have felt dizzy and brain fog constantly and feel like passing out all the time and like I am going mad. it is driving me mad I don't.know wether to continue taking the pills or not as I cannot even work now and the headaches are...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • dave99091

Any advice please?

Hi all I'm currently on Duloxetine and am thinking to ask my psychiatrist to switch me to Escitalopram. In the past, I've been on Citalopram and Fluoxetine - they didn't work for me. I suffer from social anxiety disorder, depression, agoraphobia, under active thyroid. Do you think Escitalopram...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • janine83

cipralex

hi there i have sufferd with deperesion on and of for twenty three years some times i have lived anomal life other times it feals like iam not in control of my emotions,i have taken cipralex on and off for some time now.but as of the weekend i am no longer taking them i wont controle of my self not...

New to Escitalopram - please advise me

Hi, I am very nervous about taking anti-depressants. I have suffered with depression since I was a child and tried anti depressants when I suffered from panic attacks and social paranoia when i was 21 but had some bad experiences so came off them. I have always been depressed and decided at 28 to try...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Mood suppresant?

I've been on cipralex (escitalopram) for about eight months now and am beginning to wonder about its effectiveness. Not regarding my depression because that has lightened considerably, but because of other side effects which may or may not be real. This sounds a bit strange, but I would swear that...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

stomach problems

i have been prescribed escitalopram a few times now but this time i have been suffering with terrible wind in my tummy ,i know this sounds awful but keep on belching and getting heartburn,has anyone else experienced these problems?

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • snicolaou

any good for anxiety

Hi All, I started this med 10mg for 2 weeks and now 4 days in on 20mg I have tried a lot of different anti dep and was on venlafaxine before this one, but because i was allergic to it had to come off it. I am also on quietapine 25mg at night to help me sleep diazapine and propanolol. I feel nauseus...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

It changed my life

My story: I was depressed for 3 years after I broke my foot, had surgeries, bu nothing ever fixed it. I was a black belt in taekwondo, was going to compete in that and hopefully gymnastics, and continue to a gymnastics school so I could prepare for Olympics. My experience with therapy: I got to vent...

Stopping Escitalopram

I've been taking escitalopram for 1 year, I was told by my GP that I would only be on it for few months. I only take 5mg every day and I feel good at the moment with no real feelings of depression like before. However I would like to come off them and have tried a few times, but do start to feel...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Ciplarex and Pmdd.

I have been living with Pmdd all my life and recently reached a crisis point and decided that i no longer wanted to live like this. I was prescribed prozac at first which made me feel like a zombie . I am now on 5mg of Ciplarex and 1 week in I feel a lot calmer and able to cope. I would not say I...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Doctor put me straight onto 20MG

My doctor has recently put me on 20mg of escitalopram and in last 7 days have felt confused, dizzy, shaking and generally felt awful. I have gone back to him and has said to stop taking the medication. I have recently been feeling that my heart is pounding and this is felt in my head. I have a type...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • fabulous 50

SLEEPING. PLEASE HELP?

sad i HAVE BEEN ON 5MGS OF ESCILATOPRAM TABLET FOR 7DAYS smile ,THEN WENT ON 100MGS AND HAVE BEEN TAKING THIS FOR 9DAYS.ON THE 5MGS I SLEPT WELL AT NITE. BUT THE LAST 4DAYS ON 100MGS I CANT KEEP A WAKE IN THE DAY, AND AM AWAKE ALL NITE WHICH IS PANICKING ME! I HAVE TRYED STAYING AWAKE IN THE DAY BUT...

stopping escitalopram

I have been taking escitalopram for over two years they were prescribed for severe panic attacks, i feel i got my life back while taking this drug, but have recently started to reduce the dose on my doctors advise, i have been feeling very weepy, vunerable and the old feelings are coming back i am down...

weight gain

Ive taken escitalopram for a about 4 years now and my weight has rocketed. I hate the sight of myself now and this is in fact causing me to feel as depressed as I was before taking them. Ive gone from a size 12 to a size 16/18.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Weight gain

I've been taken escitalopram for 2 years and was shocked to put on over 2 stones in weight !! This is now becoming an issue for me and therefore decided to come off them. To anybody that has come off them....how long did it take for your weight to return to normal??

Escitalopram/Cipralex

I've been on these for years, but i'd say although they helped with my mild depression! they have certainly given me problems elsewhere, Almost a marriage breaker, as you never want sex, or if you do your so dry like a little ole lady!!! Sorry for the graphic image but it's seriously effecting...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

cipralex(escitalopram)

i was diagnosed with G.A.D aprox 2 years ago im on 20mg of cipralax it does work but for the past few months my girlfriend has noticed a high weight gain in me normally i would be a normal build but i have put on a lot of weight, they do help me alot if i dont take them for about 4 days the side affects...

Escitalopram - My Experiences

I have been on Cipralex for 2.5 years now, and I believe they have been a very good control for my anxiety and general well-being. Mine were prescribed as an alternative to Citalopram which I was on for a few months prior to Escitalopram/Cipralex. I was given these due to having ME - they were obviously...

Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions