Elbow Problems

19 members E 10 recent discussions New discussion Join group Also known as Golfer's Elbow, Lateral Epicondylitis, Olecranon Bursitis , Student's Elbow, Tennis Elbow

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• alj7

left upper arm pain

have had upper arm pain for 3months this nomaly wakes me up at night to a point i have to get out of bed to take pain killer, but the pain goes befor pills have time to act.the pain affects me off and on during day but nearly always wakes me up at night

<0 replies _ 0 votes < Reply to Guest
  • fiona bruce

bursitis

I have bursitis in my hip once again, previous bout was last year lasting 4 months in which time I took Meloxicam. Its now back again and even more painful this time espescially in the morning and at night. has any one else had it in their hip?

<0 replies _ 0 votes < Reply to fiona bruce

All discussions in this group

• Alidave

tennis elbow

I have had tennis elbow now for 8 months, tried tablets which didn't help at all. then i had the injection last october which worked for 3 months. i work in a factory making &amp; packing furniture so i am constantly lifting, pulling &amp; twisting. now the pain is back &amp; is really...

< 8 replies _ 1 vote Last reply
  • deb99

Tennis Elbow - Help!

I have had tennis elbow in my right arm for 8 months now. After trying a epiclasp and physio, there has been some improvement and I can grip and lift with much less pain. However, it is still present and I am now being offered other forms of treatment. I am considering PRP injections (although physio...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • mikeyd100
  • suzicals
  • alj7

elbow bursitis with continued pain 3 yrs post

I had an elbow trauma 3 yrs ago which resulted in a massive (tennis ball sized) bursitis. It resolved itself in about a month, with some horrific bruising. Since then my elbow locks out, either from straight to bent or vice versa. it happens alot at night, but more recently its happening in the day....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

left upper arm pain

have had upper arm pain for 3months this nomaly wakes me up at night to a point i have to get out of bed to take pain killer, but the pain goes befor pills have time to act.the pain affects me off and on during day but nearly always wakes me up at night

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Olecranon Bursitis

Went to the doctors with a sore elbow yesterday - she said it was Olecranon Bursitis and prescribed Flicloxacillian capsules 500mg four times a day for a week and Ibuprofen 400mg three times a day for two weeks. I remember getting a very small scratch to my right elbow about 2 weeks ago and now it is...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • fiona bruce

bursitis

I have bursitis in my hip once again, previous bout was last year lasting 4 months in which time I took Meloxicam. Its now back again and even more painful this time espescially in the morning and at night. has any one else had it in their hip?

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

olecranon bursitis

Diagnosed with this painful condition today, I wonder could have caused it as I generally do not sit at a desk or haven't had a cut or knock to cause the infection. I think that this has been caused by constant use of a cross trainer at the gym due to the repetitive movement. :D

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

golfers or tennis elbow

i play quite a lot of golf and surprisingly i have tennis elbow. this is caused by a loose swing and weak wrist muscles. after taking pain killers the pain steadied. the only way forward is to exercise and strengthen the wrist muscles and of course fix the bad swing. the pain is on the elblow joint...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

It still really hurts!!!!!!

After a further 2 weeks, I am still experiencing a great deal of pain, especially after doing any manual work. I am reluctant to keep taking tablets, and would like to know if anyone has found any herbal or homeopathic or anything which helps, eases or gets rid of this condition, once again sympathys...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

I keep saying \&quot;ouch\&quot; in the night

I wasnt really happy when my doctor told me to rest my sore elbow for 6 weeks. It really helped to find the information on this site and to find my condition had a name and others were finding it as annoying as I am. I dont remember hitting my elbow, the pain developed during a game of netball. The...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

it really hurts

I had a small graze on my left elbow, which took a small knock, from my van door, within 5 hours I was in agony, and unable to sleep comfortably for 3 days, I eventually went to the emergency doctor, who prescribed antibiotics (erythrommycin suc 1 tablet 4 times a day), I suppose this helped but was...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • stevetin

BURSITIS

I GOT BURSITIS OF THE ELBOW WHICH GOT INFECTED ? WITH NO ANSWER TO IT,IN THE END I HAD TO BE RUSHED INTO HOSPITAL FOR SOME EMERGENCY SURGERY, 2 IN ALL THEN I WAS LEFT WITH 2 LARG HOLES TO BE CLEANED EVERY OTHER DAY, IT WAS ONLY BY CHANCE THAT I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A REPETATIVE STRAIN DUE TO SORTING THOUSANDS...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Traceyj

Golfers Elbow Causes

I am very interested to hear comments from others on other causes of this condition. Most I have read relate to a repetitive injury over a certain amount of time. My partner fell off his motorbike just over 3 1/2 years ago and hurt his elbows. The right one worse than the left. He had never had any...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Elbow and Olecranon Bursitis

We enjoyed a lovely meal with friends sitting at a bare wooden table in a pub. I must have been leaning on this a lot. Discovered a skinned elbow afterwards. This seemed to heal but then it became inflamed and sore. Also a little ball of fluid appeared at the end of the sore elbow, the right one....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

My Olecranon Bursitis Hurts!

Hi. I woke up this morning with a tender pain in my elbow. By the end of the day, the inflammation had increased, and I think it was putting pressure on nerves, as my whole hand has started to have a steady ache, similar to pain I experienced after nerve injury in my neck. It was quite unbearable :cry:...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions