Dihydrocodeine

67 members E 5 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • anon26

Dihydrocodeine avoid

I was prescribed this for a back injury more years ago than I care to remember. If I had known the problems it would cause me then I would not have taken it. I have seen my GP several times and openly admitted I am heavily reliant on it but they do not seem to understand. Recently I ran out sooner than...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • shauna 1

need help and advise on addiction to ALL opiates!!

im addicted mostly to dhc but will take any opiate to fund my habit, it gets me so low and i really want to quit but finding it soo difficult, i did go to my doctor and found him useless, tried cutting down but then would have a bad day and take twice as many, went also to addiction center a few yrs...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • saz120

Dihydrocodeine as a cure for diarroeah

i have had ongoing severe, uncontrollable,diarroeah for about 5 weeks now. i am in a variety of other meds (valium tramadol molipaxin amitryptaline amongst them as well as solpadol which i do not take while on df-118) I was prescribed imodium and sent of a stool sample which came back clear. My doctor...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Dihydrocodeine

I take 30mg 3 times a day, alongside Dicloflex. They don't completely get rid of the pain in my lower back/hip rather, they just allow me to manage the pain and become more mobile. They do however make me drowsy and I have had a few weird dreams. Like all prescribed drugs they should be taken as...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • albert45

dihydrocodiene requirment

i have been taking dihydrocodiene for the last 10 years, although they control the pain, i have to take more than the recommended dose, if i don't take 2 tablets every 2 hours, i start getting withdrawal symptoms, is this normal.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

10 years of DHC

I was on 180mg (6x30mg) daily for just over 10 years due to a motorcycle accident in which I broke four bones in my lower back. I was very lucky not to be in a wheelchair. Anyway, I took then as prescribed until 5 months ago when I decided they were not working so like a fool I stopped taking them...

< 9 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Stobban

Dihydrocodeine defence

Hi, I'm in defence of dihydrocodeine being used as a painkiller. I suffer from arthritic pain which is agony most of the time and I have taken the above drug for many years with some success. Sometimes in combination with other painkillers; but lately I was tranfered to Morphine thinking this will...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

side effects

I have been taking 3x60mg tablets for a few years now.I have had all the side effects i have read on this page.Just have to put up with them as the pain releive is good.I've had problems with nightmares since i was a kid.Since my teenage years i've been smoking pot to help me sleep and has stopped...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Dihydrocodeine withdrawal and side effects

Like many others on this site I have had a nightmare ride from these drugs. I wasn't told that they were addictive when I started them or I would not have started them. Started on 8 a day but did not help with pain so I persevered but when I stopped them the trouble began so I went back on them at...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Elizabeth Anne

STOPPING DYHYDROCODIENE

I suffer from severe back pain which is the reason I was prescribed the horrid adictive opium based drug in the first place back in 1990 like some of the experiences on this site I started to take them when the pain killing effect wore off therefore was taking them three hourly instead of fours hours...

We need help

Does anybody know of anywere in the UK that is a free rehab clinic for DHC users, my father has been taking them for 30 years and now cannot go on, the doctors are useless and no help is offered, sorry mistaken if you are an alcoholic you will be offered rehab but not if you are dependant on DHC. I...

Nightmares and colours

I have been taking dihydrocodeine for a few months following a disc injury in my neck, and yes I have the most vivid horrific nightmares, almost to the point of hallucination. This is a bad point to these pain killers, but on an up side I am an artist and have painted the most colourful things since...

re df118 - help me!!!!

hi everyone, i broke my ankle and then just as I had my caste off fell again and fractured it for pain relief what I was prescribed was not working in the doses stated so I now take 15-20 DHC 30mg, 8/9 diclofenac 50mg, 8/9 ibuprofen 400mg, 75-100mg of diazepam plus 3 or 4 zopliclone 7.5mg just to manage...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Dihydrocodeiune addiction

I used to showjump horses on the international circuit , But six years ago I was competing and my horse somersaulted over a 5ft fence and landed on top of me and rolled off me leaving me with two damaged vertabrae and various other iunjuries, However I healed, But the pain from my injured discs has left...

• kricket

dih first perscription

i have just recieved my first perscription from the dentist , as i have a massive tooth abcess , i have taken the 1st one (30mg) 4hrs ago and have felt no affects whatsoever , hasnt touched the pain . after hearing the horror stories from other sufferers i am affraid to take anymore . i have been living...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Nightmares

Hello I'd been prescribed this drug (30mg every 6-8 hours) for a broken big toe (dropped a railway sleeper on it) a few days ago and have experienced some disturbing nightmares, enough to make me not want to go to sleep. :shock: I also take 2x 400g Ibubrufen daily for arthritis and 5-10mg of seroxat...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Weight Gain

I have been on DC now for 4 years due to back and neck pain, I have exprience most side effects and do feel like I am addiction - I HAVE to have one when I get up even if I dont have the pain otherwise I dont feel I can function properly. I have gained about 2 stone in the 4 years and no matter what...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • sharpei23

coming off dhc tablets

sad Hi i have been on dhc for 18months for a shoulder injury i was taking 120mg twice a day. I have been told by my doctor i MUST come off them as they are addictive nice to now :cry: .i went to the doctors on saturday the doctor halved my dose to 60mg twice a day i have had hot and cold sweats,mood...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

dihydrocodiene

i am taking this medication along with others for severe back pain i have urticaria from my torso down,itchy red wealds that have not gone away in weeks sad i am on antidepressants and hrt

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Almost free

after being on these horrible tablets for 8 years im almost free of them, im at the moment going cold turkey, which is hard, very hard. its been 4 days - now i feel very dizzy all the time and my skin hurts to touch - like i have the flu, i feel sick and have bad stomach cramps. Do not take this horrible...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Most pleasurable side effect

I'm 58 and has a heart attack when I was 38, as a result was put on a cocktail of various medication (which I cannot live without). The major side effect of my heart medication is almost total loss of libido and complete impotence (erectile dysfunction), which fortunately these days can be overcome...

< 5 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • michael

addiction

Will someone please help me ? i was prescribed DHD after knee surgery 3 yrs ago with my dosage being six ,30 mgs per day. Iam over my knee pain but have found it hard to stop the DHC i now take anything upto 18 aday just to get the BUZZ they give cos if i dont have them i cold turkey so bad i thurts...

< 15 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Starting on DHC

I have been taking DHC 30mg (between 4-6 daily) with paracetamol for a week. Tried co-codamol, co-dydramol, tramadol and now this and finally have some relief. Luckily on Easter hols at the moment but there is no way I can contemplate work without this level of pain control and that is scary! I've...

side effect of dihydrocodeine

Its only now reading your experiences that I can understand the side effects of this drug. I was given dihy for a knee operation. The side effects were terrible, much better suffer from the pain. I felt very awake but unable to move a finger, or reply to the nurses. I could hear all what was said in...

side effect unusual

dear all, i have been on this tablet for some years now and find i need to take two to even begin to take the smallest amount of pain away. Has anyone else had any of the following experiences, as i would like to know. some days I take the tabs at night and i can feel drowsy and pain free and sleep...

< 6 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions