Colonoscopy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • magdalena 1

Anyone had this done in Liverpool. Please?

Hi There is nothing I can do to calm myself down! I have to go through this as there is a STRONG family link with bowel cancer and my symtoms are worrying! anyone had this done at Hospital in Liverpool?... I know that the procedure is a bit brutal and i am sooo scared!. They actually give

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

colonoscopy

I consider that I have a high pain threshold and, due to allergies to several common pain meds, I have controlled post-mastectomy and severe post-hysterectomy pain very successfull with no more than hynoptherapy and visualisation. I have also had many years experience of chronic pain to deal with,

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

My First Colonoscopy

I had my first colonoscopy today, 12th May 2010, and I must say I was absolutely terrified. The nurse who took my blood pressure prior to the procedure was shocked at the reading (190/120) and I explained it was because I was extremely anxious. Luckily I monitor my blood pressure regularly and

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

terrified of colonoscopy

I have recently had both my overies removed because of pain in my lower right hand side and cysts however before this it was suggested that I would need a colonoscopy and now post op and still suffering from a burning pain on the lower right hand side and into my hip and groin and now left thinking

< 7 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Colonoscopy pain

My procedure was booked for 8.50 yesterday morning. Having taken the prep, I was eager to get underway with things, having had a CT scan in March which diagnosed a tumour in the colon. I had been fast tracked for this appointment by my consultant, and a follow up had been made for me for the 19

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Extreme Pain

I had a Colonoscopy today and I'm afraid to report it VERY much hurt - not agony but at moments not far off (especially when they went round the bends)! I appear to be immune to the effects of Midazolam and Pethidine (even though I was given a high amount IV). I was wide awake all the way through

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

First Colonoscopy

Hi everyone, Have spent many hours searching sites for \"real\" information and found this to be the best. Had my first colonoscopy today and felt it was only fair to share my experience in the hope that it may help someone else. I saw a consultant in October and, only because I chased

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • beckiey 1

My combined Endoscopy and Colonoscopy

I had my colonoscopy at **** City Hospital. Even though I had read it could be painful, I admit I wasn't that worried about the actual procedure, more about the preparation! The prep was fine, though. Everything went as it should (though I wasn't sure what those Senna tablets were for. The picolax

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

No sedation, No pain, No problem

I had a colonoscopy for the first time at Lewisham Hospital on 30th December 2009. My initial concerns were the embarrassment of having it done, and, as an older male, misgivings about a female doctor doing it. The bowel preparation was simple and stress free I had a female doctor and two

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Colonoscopy pain

:cry: I had a colonoscopy in Australia and had a general anasthetic it was good, very professional, though the prep was very tough. Shift forward two years to my colonoscopy in the UK. The prep wasn't too bad, picolax and a restrictive diet. But no anasthetic - a seditive, that did nothing except

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Maid Marian 1

Colonoscopy..really nothing to it

I am the world's biggest baby, believe me. I am never ill and can't cope with things medical at all. So I went into this with great trepidation and read all the experiences here, both good and bad. One thing to remember one person is the same. So don't take things out of context. The

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • andyjcooper 1
  • Lil Rosie 1

My first colonoscopy

I had my first one today. I was unbelievably anxious about it for weeks and weeks. I was unable to go through with the normal bowel prep the last time it was scheduled so the consultant and I agreed I would have an enema. Anyway, I asked for sedation for the procedure. I was conscious and awake

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

colonscopy

Following the colonoscopy. nurse gave me report which said test was normal. Also i had 15 biopsies taken. Could some- one explain if test was normal , what was the biopsies taken for?

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • desmum 1

5th colonoscopy

Hi everyone - I'm about to go for my 5th colonoscopy after having bowel cancer a few years ago - its not a pleasant experience but not awful either - the prep the day before is usually the worst bit - I am going to be taking Picolax for the first time after exhausting many other methods that didnt

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Don't be afraid

I HAD A COLONOSCOPY LAST WEEK AND I WAS SO AFRIAD I NEARLY CANCELLED BUT I HAD NO NEED TO WORRY I DID NOT HAVE SEDATION ONLY GAS AND AIR IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE BUT ONLY LIKE HAVING REALLY BAD PERIOD PAINS AND IT ONLY LASTS SECONDS AT A TIME AND MY BOWEL WAS A LITTLE MORE CHALLENGING THE NURSES

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Don't worry

I had my first colonoscopy last Tues after suffering pain in my right side and because my father died at a young age of Bowel cancer. I visited this website to read other people's experiences beforehand and some of the tales really worried me and put me off. I barely slept for 3 nights before I

• Guest M

colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy about 3 years ago . Diagnoised with Diverticular disease. Recently i have change of bowel habit , where i don,t feel as if bowel is emptying and have tried different laxatives from docter also left sided pain is a lot worse now. Docter said i was to have another

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Rick L 1

MY 2nd Colonoscopy Friday

I am going for my 2nd colonoscopy, yes the first was not nice but am sorry to hear people moan this exam is for a reason not just to have a look inside you. I know I have problems with my bowel and yes I will go through this 10 times if it will help me get better. I understand that the pain is

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

COLONOSCOPY

I had a colonoscopy today and I can honestly say it wasn't half as bad as i expected! Yes starving yourself is not a nice experience and taking picolax is not very enjoyable but its a small price to pay when you are dealing with your health. I had sedation and a painkiller. The worst bit was

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • kim8365 1

Colonoscopy

I would like to tell ANYONE who is scared of having this done like i was especially after reading some of the comments on here that i had mine done yesterday in my experience it wasn't that bad, yes you could feel the tube moving in different parts but nothing i couldn't bare, my results were fine

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • mophead 1

Ive done it at last

After cancelling my last appointment I am ashamed to say through sheer fear, I finally went ahead yesterday. My colonoscopy took place at Canterbury Hospital, and the nurses were wonderfully kind and supportive throughout. I had so much fear for weeks prior to this I could barely eat or sleep, (

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

colonoscopy

I have just had my first colonoscopy this morning. The preparation starting the day before was a little unpleasant, with the clear-out doses tasting rather nasty. The subsequent toilet trips were not the highlights of my day either, but I never felt hungry despite 36 hours without solid food. On

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Painless

I had a colonoscopy a few days ago and was absolutely dreading it having read some of the experiences other patients have mentioned on this site. There is no escaping the fact that the whole laxative thing is not very pleasant at all, however, in my experience, i must say that the actual

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M
  • blueeyes1987 1

colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy today and was absolutely terrified, i chose not to have sedation as i am scared of needles and hate being out of control of a situation, so i just had some pain relief. It was not bad at all, the pain felt like trapped wind but was bearable. The nurses were absolutely brilliant

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Nothing to worry about

I had my 1st colonoscopy this week. I just wanted to provide information for anyone else who was having one, because its normal to feel apprehensive and I also looked on here before I had the procedure. Prep- klean prep ... I thought this was the easy bit, nothing to worry about, and I was

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy today. Excellent care by all the team. Did get a bit uncomfortable but not bad enough to stop. The nurse present held my hand and I found that really comforting. Dr. carrying out prcedure talked me all through the journey of the camera and pointed out points of interest. They

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Don't believe the horror stories

Just had my first colonoscopy today and after reading some of the stories on here was quite worried what to expect. I just wanted to say that it wasn't that bad at all. I have a problem with fainting and had a good discussion with the nurse and the endoscopist and decided to try without sedation

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Colonoscopy - Dont be frightened

Today 5 hrs ago i had my colonoscopy and after reading some of the comments got myself in a state ,well here i am and must say nursing staff were great and made me feel at fentanyl and midazolam and felt very relaxed infact watched as the scope viewed my saw the biopsy been

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Colonoscopy... It really is ok

I had a gastroscopy and colonoscopy this week, I was given midazolam and fentanyl and was conscious throughout, and yes the colonoscopy hurt when it hit the first bend and I took some deep breaths and we got round that one, then a bit later on it felt like it had got stuck and the dr had a few

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions | Help & Frequently Asked Questions