Colonoscopy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Lil Rosie 1

My first colonoscopy

I had my first one today. I was unbelievably anxious about it for weeks and weeks. I was unable to go through with the normal bowel prep the last time it was scheduled so the consultant and I agreed I would have an enema. Anyway, I asked for sedation for the procedure. I was conscious and awake all...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

colonscopy

Following the colonoscopy. nurse gave me report which said test was normal. Also i had 15 biopsies taken. Could some- one explain if test was normal , what was the biopsies taken for?

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • desmum 1

5th colonoscopy

Hi everyone - I'm about to go for my 5th colonoscopy after having bowel cancer a few years ago - its not a pleasant experience but not awful either - the prep the day before is usually the worst bit - I am going to be taking Picolax for the first time after exhausting many other methods that didnt work...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Don't be afraid

smile I HAD A COLONOSCOPY LAST WEEK AND I WAS SO AFRIAD I NEARLY CANCELLED BUT I HAD NO NEED TO WORRY I DID NOT HAVE SEDATION ONLY GAS AND AIR IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE BUT ONLY LIKE HAVING REALLY BAD PERIOD PAINS AND IT ONLY LASTS SECONDS...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Don't worry

I had my first colonoscopy last Tues after suffering pain in my right side and because my father died at a young age of Bowel cancer. I visited this website to read other people's experiences beforehand and some of the tales really worried me and put me off. I barely slept for 3 nights before I had...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy about 3 years ago . Diagnoised with Diverticular disease. Recently i have change of bowel habit , where i don,t feel as if bowel is emptying and have tried different laxatives from docter also left sided pain is a lot worse now. Docter said i was to have another colonoscopy....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Rick L 1

MY 2nd Colonoscopy Friday

I am going for my 2nd colonoscopy, yes the first was not nice but am sorry to hear people moan this exam is for a reason not just to have a look inside you. I know I have problems with my bowel and yes I will go through this 10 times if it will help me get better. I understand that the pain is sometimes...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

COLONOSCOPY

I had a colonoscopy today and I can honestly say it wasn't half as bad as i expected! Yes starving yourself is not a nice experience and taking picolax is not very enjoyable but its a small price to pay when you are dealing with your health. I had sedation and a painkiller. The worst bit was going...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • kim8365 1

Colonoscopy

I would like to tell ANYONE who is scared of having this done like i was especially after reading some of the comments on here that i had mine done yesterday in my experience it wasn't that bad, yes you could feel the tube moving in different parts but nothing i couldn't bare, my results were fine they...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • mophead 1

Ive done it at last

After cancelling my last appointment I am ashamed to say through sheer fear, I finally went ahead yesterday. My colonoscopy took place at Canterbury Hospital, and the nurses were wonderfully kind and supportive throughout. I had so much fear for weeks prior to this I could barely eat or sleep, ( wimp...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

colonoscopy

I have just had my first colonoscopy this morning. The preparation starting the day before was a little unpleasant, with the clear-out doses tasting rather nasty. The subsequent toilet trips were not the highlights of my day either, but I never felt hungry despite 36 hours without solid food. On the...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Painless

I had a colonoscopy a few days ago and was absolutely dreading it having read some of the experiences other patients have mentioned on this site. There is no escaping the fact that the whole laxative thing is not very pleasant at all, however, in my experience, i must say that the actual colonoscopy...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M
  • blueeyes1987 1

colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy today and was absolutely terrified, i chose not to have sedation as i am scared of needles and hate being out of control of a situation, so i just had some pain relief. It was not bad at all, the pain felt like trapped wind but was bearable. The nurses were absolutely brilliant they...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Nothing to worry about

I had my 1st colonoscopy this week. I just wanted to provide information for anyone else who was having one, because its normal to feel apprehensive and I also looked on here before I had the procedure. Ok..... Prep- klean prep ... I thought this was the easy bit, nothing to worry about, and I was not...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy today. Excellent care by all the team. Did get a bit uncomfortable but not bad enough to stop. The nurse present held my hand and I found that really comforting. Dr. carrying out prcedure talked me all through the journey of the camera and pointed out points of interest. They did...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Don't believe the horror stories

Just had my first colonoscopy today and after reading some of the stories on here was quite worried what to expect. I just wanted to say that it wasn't that bad at all. I have a problem with fainting and had a good discussion with the nurse and the endoscopist and decided to try without sedation as...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Colonoscopy - Dont be frightened

Today 5 hrs ago i had my colonoscopy and after reading some of the comments got myself in a state ,well here i am and must say nursing staff were great and made me feel at ease.Had fentanyl and midazolam and felt very relaxed infact watched as the scope viewed my insides.Even saw the biopsy been taken...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

My Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy. Not as bad as anticipated

Today I had both a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy without sedation. I said I would have sedation if I couldn't cope as I was not sure what the side effects would be as I have lots of other medical problems. The doctor and the nurse were wonderful as the colonoscopy took a long time due to the twistiness...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M

Colonoscopy... It really is ok

I had a gastroscopy and colonoscopy this week, I was given midazolam and fentanyl and was conscious throughout, and yes the colonoscopy hurt when it hit the first bend and I took some deep breaths and we got round that one, then a bit later on it felt like it had got stuck and the dr had a few goes...

• Guest M

Colonoscopy ok, feeling ill after

:roll: had my first colonoscopy yesterday. i asked doc for maximum sedation and pain control which he agreed too. The wierdest thing about it is i dont remember much now, its like a dream.But when my husband picked me up i know i told him everything they had said and the whole show i had watched on...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

colonoscopy

did anyone else end up with dripping nose with lots of mucosa caused from the nasal tube for oxygen readling. Mine is wful day 1 after the op. when will it stop, feels like a foreign body in it.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • bluebutterfly 1

it was ok

Had my first ever colonoscopy today. My sister died from colon cancer,so it was precaucionary. I was fairly laid back about it,she had quite a few done whilst still alive and never complained. It was emotional more than anything. Was kept waiting for an hour which was pretty bad ( the hungerpangs made...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • roddy45 1

First Colonoscopy Today

After reading about some of the horror stories on this site I was dreading my first colonoscopy today. The previous day's fasting was a struggle, although the expected hunger pains never really occurred and I only felt the need to take paracetomol to combat a thumping headache which was probably caused...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Guest M
  • Guest M

Colonoscopy WITHOUT sedation

I thought I would post because before I had this procedure I searched for experiences of people who'd had it without sedation and couldn't find any. I had the procedure this morning and I opted to forego the sedative because no one was available to collect me afterwards. So if you're considering this...

• Guest M
  • Guest M

Colonoscopy

Had a colonoscopy yesterday Mon 7 July 2008. NO SEDATION! Follow up to last year. two polyps removed away for biopsy. worst part is the wind pain after for several hours. Two satchets of picolax didn't work very well according to my brilliant Consultant but we got there. ALL the team were sympathetic...

• Guest M

Go for it!

I had my colonoscopy yesterday. As I bet some of you are quite nervous about the procedure, as I had been, I want to tell you my (good) experience. I had the procedure done by the NHS in London. I turned up a few minutes after the appointed time (having first gone to the wrong part of the hospital),...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Colocoscopy and Polyp removal

THE colonoscopy, though uncomfortable was quite painless as was the removal of three polyps, and the partial removal of a fourth. Unfortunately two weeks later I had a really bad bleed from the Anus resulting in my being admitted to hospital for two days. Several weeks later I had the rest of the polyp...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • chilli 1

my experience

i had a colonoscopy in march , they gave me dormicum but this didn't stop me from crying at about 60-80cm from the rectum. they had to stop because i was in a lot of pain. in april i had a video-capsula investigation for the colon , they found some diverticuli . now i have to do another colonoscopy,...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions | Help & Frequently Asked Questions