Colonoscopy

226 members E 120 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next

COLONSCOPY

I had a colonscopy this afternoon (18.2.08), the bowel preparation \"Picloax\" was okay tasted not to bad and worked well. For me the thought of the colonscopy was far worse than the procedure itself. I am a great believer in mind over matter, going into the colonscopy with a positive...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Colonoscopy - a lot of wind!

:!: Three days of 'low residue diet' was a chore - no fibre, fruit, vegetables, alcohol - culminating in 3 treatments with 'Citrafleet' to clear out the bowel with lots of water (I think I will avoid lemon flavoured drinks for a while!). I was surprised that I did not feel really...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Colonoscopy - nothing to worry about!

I had my first colonoscopy yesterday. After reading some of these postings, i was terrified! When i went into the hospital and everyone seemed to be feeling just as aprehensive. When i got into the room, the doctor told me the risks etc and then gave me the sedation, and thats the last thing i remember...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

painful colonoscopy

Colonoscopies are usually painful; pure and simple....That's why they insist on giving versed (it's not to relax you, it;s to cause you to have amnesia of the terrible event)....so, using the logic of \&quot;if you can't remember a painful experience, it's o.k. to do so\&quot;...

< 5 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Roy

COLONOSCOPY - DISCOMFORT - NOT PAIN

I had a colonoscopy as an NHS patient a week ago, and having read reports on this site was very apprehensive. It seems that the procedure and the medication have different effects on different people. For me the Kleen-Prep laxative caused wearying trips to the loo. The colonoscopy itself caused 'bloating'...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Colonoscopy was not that bad

I had my colonoscopy yesterday and wanted to put anyone at ease. I was naturally very nervous about the procedure and didn't look forward to having to drink the 4 litres of Kleen Prep after reading some of the posts. It actually didn't taste that bad - I made sure that I added a fruity tasting...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Very apprehensive Sue

Worried sick about Colonoscopy

Hi all, Could you please help alleviate my fears! I am a 56 yrs old (dont feel it!) and have been recommended a colonoscopy. My father died of bowel cancer and I have been having intermittent bleeding off and on for years. My consultant thinks it might be piles but wants to be sure. All sounds straight...

< 4 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

worried over nothng

i had endoscopy in summer 07 found that very traumatic then was told i needed colonoscopy , oh my god i thought not again, i did prep no probs just a lot of pooing, went for the procedure didnt hardly feel a thing and i didnt have sedation! would have another one. :lol: :cake:

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Very apprehensive

I am due to have a colonoscopy in just under two weeks time and am in a very bad state about it. I have suffered for over three years with bad panic attacks and agoraphobia, which are made much worse when I don't eat. I don't know how to get through the prep, never mind the procedure. I am...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

I just had a colonoscopy

Hi everyone, I needed to have this procedure due to a high degree of bowel cancer in my family,im a 45 year old male and had no symptons. when it comes to hospitals i am a total wimp,for the last three weeks i have been dreading this procedure. This is just to reasure anyone having a colonoscopy that...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply

colonoscopy experience

having had my colonoscapy aprox 24 hours ago, i am very surprised at how normal i am, and have been all day ( back to everyday life). i did stress about it and really there isnt anything to worry about!! i am only a very small 20 year old and i had fears that it was goin to really knock me about but...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Its really not that bad!

I had a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago. I was so nervous, i am a complete worrier anyway and you cant be a more nervous person than me but it really wasnt as bad as i was expecting. The prep was ok it didnt taste as bad as i thought and i was expecting to struggle with not being able to eat for...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

My (good) experience

I'm shocked to read so many posts about the Colonoscopy being so painful, and now consider myself really lucky that mine was not so bad. I was extremely nervous in the days leading up to mine; about the prep, about the procedure itself, and the results. But looking back, it wasn't so bad. ...

painful colonoscopy

Had the colonoscopy yesterday, and I was petrified. The whole experience was extremely painful and at one stage I asked for it to stop, but they ignored me. I was given sedation and pain relief but it had no effect on me. I was told I might have to have another one done in a few years due to finding...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Don't worry, it's not that bad!

I had my Colonoscopy just over a week ago and have been meaning to post on here. I was VERY nervous in the days leading up to it, even more so about reading some posts on here about it being very painful. The preparation may very amongst hospitals and mine was different to some I read online. I...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

colonoscopy not as bad as expected

Last week I had a gastroscopy and colonoscopy - no one could have more apprehensive than I was, but the staff so kind and reassuring, the whole procedure not nearly as bad as expected. Yes, there was some discomfort during the colonoscopy, but mild compared to child birth. Because polyps were found and...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

colonoscopy

:D 15th august have just had a colonoscopy for the first time, after reading some of the previous reports was really dreading it. However it was so easy, the procedure really was not painful, just a little uncomfortable now and again, but if you changed position it soon went away. I think the doctor...

colonoscopy pain

Hi there. Had my colonoscopy yesterday. When I got to the hospital I checked whether the appointments were running on time and took 45mg of codeine 30 minutes before going in as I knew I would have some problems with pain. They gave me a sedative which made me feel more relaxed but I didnt go to sleep...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Not so bad

I was really worried and upset about having this done, but really it was nothing! I was pretty heavily sedated and didnt feel or remember much, bar once, when the nurse had to press down on my stomach to get the tube passed the first bend in the colon. There was however, no excruciating pain, screaming...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Colonoscopy

I had a sigmoidoscopy about a month and a half ago where they found a large polyp which they thought might be cancerous, they took biopsies which came back as moderate dysplasia. I found this to be unpleasant and quite painful but tolerable. I had a colonoscopy yesterday as they wanted to remove the...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Colonoscopy

I had one last october and found that it was horrible. Had the maximum sedation possible and still didnt do a thing. Hurt like hell and then scared the hell out of me when i saw ulcers in my bowel. Had an Upper GI scope and that wasnt bad, just choked alittle. But have been told to have another colonoscopy...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • kandi

Painless colonoscopy

I was horrified to read of such bad experiences. Over the years I have had several colonoscopies under the influence of an amnesiac. I have been aware of nothing during them, nor had any after effects whatsoever. I can only think the difference was that I paid via my extortionate health insurance....

painful colonoscopy

I had my colonoscopy yesterday and would like to point out that it certainly did hurt. I screamed and cried for a couple of minutes during the most difficult bit. The deative had no effect on me and I had to be given a second dose of pain relief. I think it is important that people are aware of the fact...

• Cute 'n' Quirky

First Gastroscopy

Had my first Gastroscopy on 1st June 2007. Had heard many horror stories about the procedure. On the day was a little nervous but nothing major. Was given the throat spray, did not want to be sedated. Not a problem. A strange sensation, I would agree, but not at all painful or uncomfortable. All...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy this morning. I was absoloutely petrified after having had a pretty bad experience with a sigmoidoscopy, however this experience proved to be completely different. The staff couldn't have been more reassuring and managed to put me at ease, which, with me being a nervous wreck,...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • falkirk

I had colonoscope and endoscope on monday.

Well, to say i was nervous is a understatement, I thought i was going just for colonscope and because of 'aneamia' ? they decided to do the double. I have not been in hospital for a nos of years and only then for the delivery of my babies. researched into colonoscopy through this sight and lots...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Colonoscopy

I had my fourth colonoscopy yesterday and I agree it isn't a pleasant thing to have although it can be necessary. Both my parents have had bowel cancer, still alive due to early diagnosis. But here I digress as the reason for posting my comments here are to try and assure people that it's not...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

hi, i had a colonoscopy on the 21/2/2007. i really do ...

hi, i had a colonoscopy on the 21/2/2007. i really do not recomend this the preperation was awfall it tasted fowl i had to keep spitting it out then it started working!!! after a while of drinking the stuff not only was my poo like water it was green!! i felt a little shy when i went in but the staff...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions