15 members E 2 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Brightyy
  • Jutty
  • tech_guy

Co-amoxiclav 500/125mg for UTI

After Trimethoprim failed to hit a rather nasty UTI on the head, my local A&E prescribed a 7 day course of the above, three tablets a day. I'm just finishing day three so another 12 tablets to go. Symptoms have improved (kidney pain and urethra pain) but I am experiencing some side effects such...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Mrs I

Co-Amoxiclav

The side effects of this medication are many and varied and are often different from person to person. If you suffer side effects you should discuss this with your GP or medical provider. I have stomach upsets, lightheadedness and sleepiness with these but sometimes they are the only alternative due...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Co-Amoxiclav still hanging on

5I read the patients leaflet so was expecting some side effects, but it is two weeks since I finished the 7 day course of 500/125? and still I feel very strange, disorientated, sleepy on and off all day and night, but I see that the leaflet says these effects and more (jaundice) can occur up to a month...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

is it wrong

i have been taking co-amoxiclav for 2 days now.. i feel worse then i did before i took it but not sure whether to stick it out.... I also still have cystitis and a kidney infection and am not sure how long my prescription was for? can you drink on this medicine?

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

anger and hallucinatons

A member of my family was prescribed this drug and after a week he started acting out of character and shouting weird things. This then led to violence. Meication was stopped immeditely. Never ever again! Awful drug and the side effects were horrible to witness :cry:

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply

Side effects

I was given a 10-day course of co-amoxiclav and amoxicillin to take after getting cystitus for the 3rd time in 3 months. The first 2 days weren't too bad, my appetite had disappeared, but not much else. However the 3rd day (today) had very painful stomach cramps &amp; sever diorehea. The Dr said...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

co-amoxiclav 250/125

sad nausea, headache, depression,stomach cramps continual for 4 days but has improved the original infection although not confident its going to totally get rid of it.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Nate_dawg

Co-amoxiclav 500/125

I have been giving these for a pain in my tail bone the doc (who seamed to jsut want to pam me off) give me them saying i had an infection when personaly i think i have an in growing hair. after taking one tablet i had a small headake and an hr later i felt very ill and i had a massive nose bleed that...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • anno

co-amoxiclav stomach cramps

After one full day on co-amoxiclav 250/125, had terrible night with severe stomach and chest cramps and soaking sweating. Wondered if it was a heart attack. Have had really uncomfortable stomach/chest cramps all day today. Feel tempted to stop taking these as the symptoms of the infection have all gone...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

co-amoxiclav 250/125

:cry: i had co-amoxiclav for a week now + my penis is raw around the foreskin + helmet i took them for an infection caused by a kidney stone its so sore i dont wont to pee the same as when i had the stone

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

co amociclav 500/125

Im now onto day 4 of taking these tablets for a gum infection and have to say i have experienced no side effects at all, :o i even accidently took 2 tablets within 3 hours as i thought id forgotten to take one so took another then realised that i had actually taken the tablet, i phoned nhs direct for...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • sandytown

Problems with Co-Amoxiclav 500/125mg

Was prescribed co-amoxiclav 500/125mg for 3 days for a urine infection. After just 2 tablets I began to feel very unwell with chills, aching all over and severe nausea. I also felt very lethargic, lightheaded and couldn't concentrate on anything. I certainly wouldn't consider driving a car....

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

FEELING ILL ON CO-AMOXICLAV

I have been prescribed this 250/125mg tablet for a Uring Infection and Ihave been on them for 2 days and I feel absolutely ill. I'm Light headed, feel very weak have had bad diarhea all day and the worse thing is my chest feels very heavy and just getting over a chest infection I now feel chesty...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Co Amoxiclav + Prednisolone

I took Co Amoxiclav + Prednisolone for 6 days to treat a wheeze I had in my chest. After the second day I had to call the doctor as the tablets made my stomach feel so queezy, he prescribed some anti sickness tablet which I took alongside the Co Amoxiclav &amp; Prednisolone, they made little difference...

co amoxiclav

Ihave been taking co amoxiclav for a urinary ongoing infection. I have had several treatments and all seem to disagree with my stomach. Co amoxiclav is terrible, I have dreadful headaches, dry mouth and no eye lubrication(tears) causing blurred vision. I feel nausea at diferent times of the day but every...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Into second day of taking 250/125g Co-amoxiclav

Having only taken 4 tablets out of the 21 prescribed for the week, I first noticed a dryness in my mouth and throat. I have a chest infection which sounds bubbly and wheezy when I breath. On coughing this morning I noticed tiny spots of blood in the flem. I also had diarrhea and am still feeling very...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Bernie B

Co-Amoxiclav problem

I was sent home from hospital with these tablets, the dosage was 625 three times aday. I have managed 3 days but for the last two days I have been in agony with stomach cramps and diarrhoea. I feel awful, in pain and so tired. I am definately never taking these again. :oops:

• Harleyrider

Bad Reaction

My husband was prescribed this drug together with steroids for a serious chest infection. He spent the first 5 days feeling rough with an upset stomach. Last Saturday his stomach was really hurting so he took a prescribed painkiller and immediately had a severe allergic reaction necessitating a paramedic,...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Co-amoxiclav

I am halfway through a 500/125mg course of these tablets. I have had no side effects whatsoever and the bronchitis it was prescribed for is finally clearing up - I had previously had a day course of another antibiotic. Whenever I am prescribed antibiotics I drink actimel, take vitamins and eat fruit...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

PRESCRIBED CO AMOXICLAV 250 125 21 TABLETS

:wink: :twisted: . RECENTLY I WAS PRESCRIBED AMOXICLAV FOR WHAT I THOUGHT WAS AN INSECT BITE. AFTER TAKING THE LAST TABLET, I WAS SICK WITH JUST GREEN BILE. I PHONED MY DOCTOR WHO PRESCRIBED ANOTHER COURSE OF THE TABLETS TO TAKE. I SUSPECTED AT THE TIME THE ANTIBIOTICS WERE MAKING ME FEEL WORSE...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

friendly warning

Hi Had originally been given this medication for cat bite last Friday, I stopped taking it today, I had the most awful re-action to it itchy skin, indigestion, nausea every day, dull headaches,and sweating like nothing on earth all the time, I really did not feel well at all, I have not had a tablet...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

given Co- Amoxiclav for cat bite

Just reading your experiences and am a little nervous. I had an accident with our cat, I stood on it and it bit my leg, God is it painful ! I was given the antibiotic this evening first one at 6 p.m. next one 12 so I will keep you posted I did feel a little wosey, sick tummy, supposed it was from...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

CO-AMOXICLAV 250/125mg and me

I have just come out of hospital after having an operation and i was given Co-Amoxiclav i took three tablets over 24 hours and i got muscular chest and neck pain and my hart was beating at around 103 bpm i went to my doctor he took me off them i took my last Co-Amoxiclav just before 12 am on the 30/07/2009...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

odd

I have just started taking 375mg co-amoxiclav for an infection in my big toe. feeling very sickly and have heartburn and my tongue is tingling. I also feel very spaced out.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions