Bowel Problems

59 members E 39 recent discussions New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• nick1969
  • j47095

Stress?

I've recently moved jobs and away from home. I'm an easily stressed person but as of lately I've been suffering from a lot of pains. I have testicular cysts that I've had since young and was told that they would cause me pain from time to time, but weren't serious. I was given the...

<0 replies _ 0 votes < Reply to j47095
  • caro13

IBS...Coeliac...Crohns.....?

Symptoms vary but are all similar to each other in many ways. Anyone with IBS symptoms should always be tested for Coeliac disease before being diagnosed with IBS....(in accordance with NICE Guidelines to GPs) Additionally the checks should include those for Crohn's disease. Information regarding...

<0 replies _ 0 votes < Reply to caro13

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Bradleyy123

Anal mucus issue...

I am an 18 year old male who over the past 5-6 months have been experiencing problems with a lot of mucus inside my anus. When I have the toilet I notice my poo is covered in orange mucus and when I wipe It's a little yellowy/clear mucus on the paper Also I pass gas ALOT and it sounds like very wet...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply
  • lisaphuk
  • nick1969

Men-Anal Fistula problem after Abscess

Hi Newbie here so sorry if a waffle on I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation? December 2013 i went to my doctor as i thought i had piles or something and was told to go straight to A & E. That night they booked me in for a operation to remove an abscess. After the...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • j47095

Stress?

I've recently moved jobs and away from home. I'm an easily stressed person but as of lately I've been suffering from a lot of pains. I have testicular cysts that I've had since young and was told that they would cause me pain from time to time, but weren't serious. I was given the...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • jenny2014
  • npthomas1
  • caro13

IBS...Coeliac...Crohns.....?

Symptoms vary but are all similar to each other in many ways. Anyone with IBS symptoms should always be tested for Coeliac disease before being diagnosed with IBS....(in accordance with NICE Guidelines to GPs) Additionally the checks should include those for Crohn's disease. Information regarding...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • pan07399

Still bleeding after hemorrhoid removed

Hi guys, I am a 29 years old male living in New Zealand. I started bleeding during bowel movement since last Nov. I had a Sigmoidoscopy done about 3 weeks ago. During the procedure the doctor found a small "polyp" and removed it through polypectomy . Biopsy result turned out that it was an...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • penelope11

Baby Colostomy

My 10 month old has just been given a colostomy. This was step 1 in a 3 stage process and soon she has to go in for reconstructive surgery for an imperforate anus. Our stoma therapy nusre told us that we only need to change the bag once a day, however it keeps leaking and I find that we're changing...

< 2 replies _ 1 vote Last reply
  • amy25270

Watery Stools

I visited my GP because I had watery/mucus-y stools all through my period, and she advised me it was likely to just be hormone levels causing the change because my period was late. However, it has continued after my period has finished, and although I am following the advice of my doctor to eat 'plain...

• A435
  • connie16
  • Meg222
  • wolves74

Frightened

Hi all I am absolutely frightened beyond belief so I'm writing this down. September 2012 I had a flex sig procedure and discovered I had proctitis, took the medication and all was well. July last year after being constipated and straining a lot I thought I had a dose of hems pain passing stools etc...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • andy16458
  • neil25352

Bowel Problem

I have recently started having long stools when I go to the toilet. Sometimes this happens twice a day and then I won't go for another 2 days and then the pattern repeats. There is no cramping and no blood and the stools look healthy and brown in colour. Sometimes this can be embarrasing as having...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Plops4years
  • lishasinha

Stomach Problem

Hello, this problem i'm going to ask you about is not for me but, for my friend. He is 21 years old and has been suffering from some sort of stomach problem for the last 9 years. He complains of stomach ache every single day and he feels relief only after he takes a dump. This happens around 4 to...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • britgirl30
  • tracey35319
  • doreen13

recovery after small bowel resection

not recovering well ,lots of nausea ,not able to eat very much,constipation,lots of wind pain... this is 8 weeks after surgery... anyone else had this. surgery,did you have same problems..any advice would be really welcome

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • User12345

Smell at all times!

1. I am a 18 year old male. For the past year and a half my body has been producing a bad smell, similar to faeces. This smell seems to come from the anus and is worse when I eat a lot of salt the day before or red meat or spicy food. I have noticed that it is around me more when I am stressed such...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • lak

bowel movement control

I am mentally suffering from having a too many time bowel movements per day . This has been happend since I was 20 , so its almost 8years I have lived with it. But now my working life have made me busy to travel to meet clients hence I am completely inconvinient with this habbit. Morning at leaset two...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • lisablue

Bowel issues getting worse

Hi all, looking for advise and hoping that someone on here will be able to help. I had a pre-cancerous polyp removed from my colon around 3 years ago and was fine up until around 8 months ago. I pass blood both in and out of my stools, sometimes really bad. I never have a normal day going loo...either...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • kevin53
  • shona6

Chronic Rectal Bleeding

Hi I'm a 32 year old woman who has suffered from rectal bleeding for around four years. I've been to my doctor and had a sigmoidoscopy without there being anything found wrong. Lately the amount of blood has been increasing as has the amount of pain after defecation. I wondered if anyone...

• Pato
  • sweetie21

Blood in stools

(Without being explicit) I have noticed blood on tissue after use, however the blood wasn't actually in my stool or so it didn't appear to me. Not sure if this is relevant or not but I was constipated for about a week, around a month ago. Do I need to check this out? or do I need not to worry?...

< 4 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • julie292

Firm orange 'brick' like bits in poo?

Occasionally, in my poo, I notice small 'stones' or pellets of what looks like compacted brick dust. A while back, I washed two of these small 'stones' and allowed them to dry out. Once dry they were quite hard, only crumbling after a very firm squeeze. They felt and looked like compacted...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • salman
  • Danny72

Stools with blood came back negative?

Hi, I hope someone can provide some advice. I recently saw blood in my stools and after advising my gp a sample was sent for testing. I saw it visibly on three occasions and the sample that I sent off did contain visible bright red patches of blood so I was expecting a positive result in which it...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • srhadden

reading my medical history

because i have had a ct-scan recently,i would like to read my results on my medical history, but seem to have come to a barrier, and was told i canot read them and that i should ask my gp, i didn't get any report only a receipt for the amount i had paid, so i would like to know why do i have to...

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • srhadden

colon polyps

i would like to hear from anyone who has had polyps in the colon to know if there is any way that they can be prevented, is it diet or do they just develop with age? "catseyes"

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • satimis

About diet after operation on colonrectal polips

Hi all, My cousin, female aged 38, has had an operation removing colon rectal polyps about one year ago. Now her situation is quite stable. Last month she went for Colonoscopy and blood test with no negative result. I'm in anticipation to learn something about diet. She has been informed that...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions