Bendroflumethiazide

50 members New discussion Join group

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • cassieanna
  • Mollyourcollie

Having trouble walking and neck and shoulder pain.

Have been on bendroflumethiazide for about a year now and the Doctor has taken me off them 3 weeks ago. Have numb and tingling thighs which mean I have trouble walking. I am stumbling along like I am 90+ yrs old. My neck and shoulders are stiff and I have shooting pains in my right eye. Is it correct...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • k henderson
  • jtd

dry eyes

I have been on Bendroflumethiazide for years I have had dry eyes for years some times eye infections.last month I went to the doctors he eventually took my B.P.which was 80/0 needless to say he sent me to hospital in an ambulance. I stpooed taking the Bendroflumethiazide about a month ago eyes are OK...

< 1 reply _ 0 votes Last reply

New User

Have been taking ben now for about 3 months. But for the same length of time have been having problems with really sore Knees, feeling of really tight muscles. did not put two and two together until read side effects of ben, will now make appointment for Dr. BP normal for first time in years. but problem...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • JR

new user - muscle ache

:roll: SINCE TAKING BENDRO TO ASSIST LOWERING BLOOD PRESSURE IT HAS WORKED BEEN ON THREE WEEKS NOW &amp; ALSO A DIABETIC HAD MUSCLE ACHE AT NIGHT - SIMILAR TO CRAMP ALSO TAKING STATINS - CARDIOPEN - LININOPTRIL DO NOT LIKE TAKING PILLS - AGE 67 MALE TRIED TO GET OFF STATINS BUT DR &amp; NURSE...

< 7 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • Sussexlady

Good experiences for a change

I have been on this drug for about 12 days. My blood pressure has improved dramatically and I have never felt better. In fact I seem to be less anxious and bad tempered since being on this !! Has anybody else experienced feeling less stressed out etc since being on Bendroflumethiazide (what a mouthful)...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • sweet pea

bendroflumethiazide

I suffered serious side effects eg fainting, dizziness, chest pains, muscle pains and feeling sick, guess what, the GP didn't believe me and told me if I didn't take them I would die. I stopped taking them and will take my chances.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • rojack

Bendroflumethiazide

I was on this evil little pill for just two weeks before it made me impotent. When I complained to my doctor she said she didnt warn me because she knew I would not have taken it if I had known the consequences! I immediatly stopped taking the pill but it was another week before any life came back to...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

stomach discomfort

sad after my gp trying all different blood pressure tablets and still coudn,t get it right she decided to put me on the water tablet and after only four days the cramp in my stomach was ubarable felt like i wanted to go to the toilet all the time but coudn,t part with a damm thing,it also caused some...

Bendroflumethiazide and Gout

I have taken Bendro for 2 months and experienced a drop in BP and no side effects (I think!!). I have also experienced 2 bouts of gout for the first time in my life. I know you shouldn't take Bendro if you suffer from Gout but my doc says not to worry...Appreciate anyone's comments please.

< 2 replies _ 0 votes Last reply

Bendroflumethiazole

Tired ACE inhibitors for 12 months which had no BP lowering action at all in my case. Two months on Bendroflumethiazole and systolic pressure dropped 30mmHg and diastolic dropped 10mmHg. No side effects at all so far. :D

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

hair loss

I am interested to read this also as I have been on this medication on and off for 14 years and my hair has become thinner especially last winter it was coming out in clumps. It did grow back but this has now started to happen again. I think another visit to the doctor is needed

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Poor balance

Standing on one leg to put on a sock had become difficult after 12 years on this drug. This has improved dramatically since changing to a controlled release water tablet.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • GingerLou

Took myself off Bendro

I've only been on it for two months. First month was fine but, since then, the list of side effects have been just too much to cope with. They included tearfulness, diziness, shaking, dry mouth, constipation, lethargy, anxiety, difficulty in making simple decisions, irritability and more. I was...

< 3 replies _ 0 votes Last reply
  • JESH

Thanks for the diabetes

I have been taking Bendro. for about five years, for blood pressure, and it was the only drug that I could tolerate for this. This spring, I was found to have high blood glucose. Type 2 diabetes was diagnosed, and I was advised to modify my diet and test, to see if I would need pills for it. I re-read...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • grahamt

do the tablets aid weght loss??

hi everyone i have been on bendo 2.5 mg for 2 weeks now , have had cramps and tiredness, someone said to me the tablets will take some weght off. is this true? i have no energy for running but will continue to try and walk to keep fit, male 50 Many Thanks

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

genetic

is it possible to have high bp if your dad had it ? if so , my dad passed away becouse of that , couse we were living in a place were there were no doctors , and normaly my dad used ask me feeling heart pain , and i used to give him lemon for relieve , so when my gb told me you are young man with...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • oldgibbon

Very Low Blood Pressure

I used to have high blood pressure and a dodgy heart beat. Eventually I had a Quad Bypass and soon became very well again. But I had a lot of drugs prescribed that I had to stay on for life, among them Bendroflumathiazide. Now My Cholesterol has come down from 8 to 3.2 and my blood pressure is as low...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Amlodipine and Bendroflumethiazde

Do not stop taking this medication if prescribed by your G.P I took myself of this as i had lost a lot of weight and have NOW suffered a T.I.A I am 50 yrs old and have had the shock of my LIFE and i am a fully trained Nurse ...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

what's the alternative???

:? I have been taking this medication for approx 21 years and up until now, have had no problems. However, I'm now advised that it is not advisable to take the medication long term and should come off immediatedly!!! Now I'm suffering. I'm tired, have dreadful mood swings, constant craving...

garlic

smile was with bendro 2.5 and amlodipine 5ml to lower my bp , but whenever i take it higher my bp reading so it seems i will off my self and use garlic instead of both medicine , excersise as well ,

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Bendroflumethiazide and constipation

I have found that since beginning to take Ben I have become constipated ( have suffered from IBS as doctor knows for years) told the doctor but he seemed a little un interested so long as I had no other side effects. the question is this a side affect or something else going on Since I have managed...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • Ginko59

Bendroflumethiazide and joint pain

I have Mixed Connective Tissue disease and have been prescribed Bendro. for high blood pressure. I find that it has increased the muscle and joint pains enormously and so have decided to come off it. I now take Candesartan for the blood pressure and this gives no increase muscle and joint problems.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

taking 2.5mg of Bendro for just over a week for BP

I have been on 2.5mg of Bendro for just over a week, I have tried Ramipril, Losartan and Amolipine (I think thats thew ay you spell it), unfortunately I had side effects with all of them. I am also taking 10mg of Seroxat and I am not sure if there is some interaction? The last few days I have had muscle...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
  • angela227

are these also water tablets?

i was put on bendro about 12 months ago for water retention, reading these comments i am unsure about why i am really on these. I am 35 and have no sex drive at all and the loss of energy is unbelievable.I have a 3 year old child and thought the tiredness is due to him but i so have my doubts now. Does...

• Barry1948

15 years on Bendroflumethiazide

Following the removal of a kidney stone my Consultnt advised that I should take one 2.5mg tablet every day to assist with helping to prevent further kidney stones forming. My GP, with whom I had been a patient for 20+ years and who was of the traditional family doctor type, kept a check on me and renewed...

< 0 replies _ 0 votes

Excacerbates gout

I took the drug for High BP for many years at max dose 5mg/day. Can cause awkward need to pass water at inconvenient times- but effective against high BP - in my case used in conjunction with ACE inhibitor Trandolapril with some success. However, if you have a familial tendency to Gout (ie Arthritis...

• lynnh

Still no side effects

Have been taking 2.5mg of bendroflumethiazide now for 2 1/2 years now and blood pressure is perfect and feel great. My potassium level did drop below the normal level, but a 5 day course of potassium tablets fixed that.

< 0 replies _ 0 votes
Back to top Next

Discussion Forums' Terms & Conditions