Bad Reaction to Co-codamol
I don't take regular pain killers but since a bad reaction I had to co-codamol I have avoided them since. I can't find anything on the web about allergies, and I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.
I'd taken the odd co-codamol from being about 12, and only really took probably one or two doses when I had a severe headache. My 17th birthday was one of these occasions, and as I'd planned some celebrations I took 2 co-codamol. 30 mins later I started with slight chest pains, felt dizzy and felt sick. So ill I went to bed and missed my lovely meal! Didn't really associate this to the tablets, as I'd taken them before without a reaction.
However, 2 years later, christmas eve, I had a bad headache and took 2 co-codamol because, again, I wanted to get on and enjoy the celebrations. This time, about 30 mins later, I began with more severe chest pains, I vomited, had tingling symptoms in my left arm, had problems getting my breath, felt clammy and hot and struggled to stand. It really alarmed my boyfriend, who called NHS Direct. They sent me straight to A and E as I'd described the symptoms of a heart attack. At the hospital they took blood tests, run an ECG but both came back blank. They sent me home and said \"you must have had a bad reaction to the tablets\". 3 hours later, after a sleep, I felt fine and proceeded with my christmas.
What worries me is that no one has actually confirmed whether or not it's an allergy or just a bad reaction or even coincidence. If I take co-codamol again, will the reaction be more severe? Is there somehow I can find out? (without obviously taking another dose!)F Report g Share