UK sources of information and / or support
Has an information leaflet on Port-wine Stain.
A UK based support group for anyone with a birthmark, their families and professionals.
Established in 1985 the Association is dedicated to providing a comprehensive service for people who are interested in para-medical skin camouflage.
Provides reliable information on various skin disorders, including birthmarks.
A patient guide to complement the NICE national guideline for health professionals called Intralesional photocoagulation of subcutaneous congenital vascular disorders.
A guide to skin laser clinics, disfigurement guidance and skin camouflage. Provides information about Skin Lasers and Skin Laser Treatments.
Information from British Association of Dermatologists.
Information from NHS Choices - the government's patient information portal.
Information from BUPA.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.