UK sources of information and / or support
Aims to raise the profile of A1AD amongst the medical profession and to assist in the early identification / diagnosis of individuals with the disorder.
Offers support and advice to those with Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency in the UK.
Article on Alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency from the Children's Liver Disease Foundation.
A website primarily aimed at those working in primary care, however, they offer a patient information leaflet in this area.
Information from the Children's Liver Disease Foundation.
Information from The British Lung Foundation.
Further sources / more detailed information
Some non-UK sites
The following list popular non-UK health information sites with content aimed at the general public. They are mainly from the US. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included but these large sites are comprehensive.
More detailed medical information
The following list online sources of more detailed medical information, mainly from the UK. These sites are mainly aimed at health professionals, but are of interest to all. They have not been checked to see if information about the above topic is included, but information about most medical topics can usually be found.
- PatientPlus - hundreds of medical reference articles provided by Patient UK.
- Evidence Based Medicine - such as from Clinical Evidence, The Cochrane Library, etc.
- Database of UK Clinical Guidelines - from NICE, SIGN, etc.
- Medline - abstracts available from thousands of journals.
- Sites listing free online medical textbooks and journals.
- Sites listing free medical images - pictures, atlases, anatomy, skin diseases, etc.